- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visits to the Statue of Liberty National Monument and Ellis Island are musts in the Big Apple, especially for first-timers. On this 4-hour guided tour, you get priority boarding on the ferry from Manhattan to visit the two important historical sites. Tour Lady Liberty's turf before heading inside the pedestal for another perspective from observation decks. Then hop the ferry to Ellis Island and learn about the millions of people who arrived here between 1892 and 1954 in hope of living the American dream.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Early Reserve line access to board the ferry to save time at departure
- Access to the Pedestal at Liberty Island
- Access to the new Liberty Island Museum (open May 2019)
- Access to the Immigration Museum at Ellis Island
- Expert English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Statue of Liberty
- Entry/Admission - Ellis Island
- Entry/Admission - Ellis Island Immigration Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Lockers for large items on Liberty Island (available for $0.25)
- Crown Access at the Statue of Liberty
Castle Clinton National Monument
Ellis Island, United States
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Statue of Liberty, New York City, New York
Enjoy a guided tour of Liberty Island as well as access to the Pedestal and Museum!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ellis Island, New York City, New York
Enjoy a guided tour of the Ellis Island grounds!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ellis Island Immigration Museum, New York City, New York
Guests will have access to the Immigration Museum. The tour ends on Ellis Island so guests can spend longer in the museum if they wish.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour. The tour departs promptly and if late, you will NOT be able to catch up and will miss the tour. There are no refunds for missing the tour.
- Please note the 8:30am tour will have the least wait. Later tours will encounter longer wait times.
- The guided portion of the tour is approximately 4-hours, however it is recommended to allow at least 1 additional hour to fully experience Ellis Island. Return to Battery Park is at the participants own leisure
- Food available for purchase on the ferry, at the Statue of Liberty, and on Ellis Island
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Security screening will take place prior to entering the ferry. Visitors to the park are required to undergo airport-style security screening.
- Backpacks, strollers and other large items must be checked into lockers on Liberty Island. These lockers are available for $2.00 per locker. This fee is not included
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Photographs are permitted, tripods and monopods are prohibited
- Children 3 and under free with paid adult ticket
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
There is so much history in the building of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. 4 hours went by fast. Need to come back for more. Great tour guide.
Our tour guide Owen Thompson was brilliant we had a mixed group and he pitched the information very well at all levels humorous and informative kept us all moving and we pitched the tour highlights very well
Owen was our tour guide and he was great! he had a lot of knowledge of the history and background of both places and was a great communicator. he also answered our questions about contemporary NY. He helped us navigate the queues and the boats and made the trip interesting and enjoyable.
We had a fantastic trip our guide was truly outstanding - even my teen girls stated " she made the trip fun, interesting and not at all boring she made it super interesting
This was the best guide we have ever had on a sightseeing tour her name was Rachel Mc Kinney
We absolutely loved all the info she had on the Statue and Ellis Island is was brilliant and we all
Ienjoyed it so much - she even took photos of us and ur group just amazing
We would fully recommend this trip was are so glad we booked it instead of just wandering around ourselves we wouldn't have understood / gained half the infortmation
Outstanding 5 stars
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour! Steve and I consider ourselves fortunate that we got Josh to guide this tour. It made for a very interesting afternoon with his knowledge of the history behind Liberty Island and the Statue of Liberty and his enthusiasm telling it. We missed the morning tour due to encountering traffic on FDR Drive in spite of giving ourselves an hour to get to Battery Park, so I also have to thank the tour operators for allowing us to join a later tour! Skip-the-Line as well is the only way to go! I had always loved booking via Viator which I found out is a TripAdvisor site since our trip to London and Paris two years earlier. We are hoping anyone who takes this tour will be as fortunate as ourselves and get Josh!
Our tour guide Rachel was excellent, very entertaining to listen to! Very knowledgeable, informative and extremely passionate about people's heritage. Rachel gave a real sense of what it would have been like for the immigrants to come through Ellis Island. Loved how she shared stories from previous tour groups and got us to talk about any family that had come through here - fascinating to hear about! You walk about at a gentle pace and there is plenty of time afterwards to explore Ellis Island for yourself, you can decide which ferry to bring you back.
Excellent tour guide John was very good and definitely recommend this tour.
What a wonderful experience. Our tour guide Alice was phenomenal. So glad we decided to take the tour instead of just going about it on own. I've never been much for tours, but after Alice's engaging tour I am a convert.
We used Viator on July 5th to tour The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Evan the tour guide was FANTASTIC. He was so knowledgeable, kind, knew the names of our group members about 20 instantly and made sure we didn't get lost! We were a group of 6 - and could not have had this experience on our own. It was so memorable - we even looked up family in the Ellis Island registry. So wonderful and all made possible and easy by Viator and Evan our guide. We also used Viator in Paris at the Eiffel Tower - it was perfect and so simple. There may be a small fee involved but it's worth every cent and more... Thank you so much for the memories of a lifetime. Joann R
Excellent tour made even better by the quality of the guide - Ben Graney. Very atmospheric and excellent care and attention to all of our party and the others in our group. He didn't even ask for a tip! Real quality thank you
Fantastic! You can buy your own tickets for the statue and Ellis Island, but honestly, it s so much better having a guided tour. Our guide Evan was fantastic, he was very knowledgeable about the sites and brought the history to life with his lively delivery. Highly recommended.
Our tour was fantastic!! Alice was an amazing guide! Tons of great information, very engaging, and entertaining! Even my teenagers loved it. Alice even had great tips about things to do outside the tour!! It was awesome!
The Statue of Liberty Tour was fantastic and amazing views once we climbed up the pedestal. Our guide was great and gave a great insight as to how the Statue of Liberty came about. The views over to the Statue of Liberty on the boat was great too. Unfortunately we didn't end up doing the Ellis Island tour as we had to get to another tourist attraction.
The tour was brilliant. The Statue is incredible and the history behind Ellis Island is well worth getting to know. Our tour guide Nathan Cann was fantastic! Nathan certainly knows his stuff!! I had the best time and would highly recommend this tour - especially if you get Nathan as a guide!!
This was an amazing tour!!! Our tour guide Rachel was by far the best tour guide we have ever had. She was so heartwarming and knowledgeable. We never ever felt rushed, she took the time to answer everyone's questions, and she told some amazing stories about the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. She encouraged guests to share their own stories if they had relatives or experiences with Ellis Island. A few told their stories and it made the experience even more special. We took the first ferry out and it was the best decision because there were hundreds of people in line to get tickets, etc. This was our first time to the East coast and to New York. Having Rachel as a tour guide made our first day in New York amazing!!! She truly is the best. We'll be in New York next year with family and will definitely be taking them on this tour and asking for Rachel. You guys are the best!!!
I highly recommend this tour if you have never been to Liberty Island or Ellis Island. Our guide was wonderful. He knew the history and had a sense of humor. Well worth the cost.
The tour was fantastic. Tour guide was knowledgeable, informative, entertaining. I strongly recommend doing it this way - with the tour guide. I learned so much and the added stories were so interesting.