- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Join us for Whale Watching in our cool Alaskan waters and then view one of 38 glaciers from the Juneau Ice Fields - the spectacular Mendenhall Glacier. We guide you on a 2 hour whale watching tour, spotting Humpback whales and other wildlife. Then off to the Mendenhall Glacier to spend some time hiking, watching fish spawn at Steep Creek or enjoy an outstanding view from the Visitor Center.
- Round-trip transportation between port and boat harbor
- 2-hour whale watching tour on 24-passenger jet boat or 49-passenger catamaran
- Heated cabin with wide viewing windows, spacious decks for whale watching, and bathrooms on board
- Informative professional driver guide during transfers
- Naturalist on whale tour
- Water and a light snack aboard the whale boat
- Flexible shuttle return from glacier to downtown Juneau port
• Mt. Roberts Tramway
• The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
Mt. Roberts Tramway
On your way to the boat harbor, listen to informative commentary from your driver about Alaska's capitol city - Juneau.
Aboard our smaller 24 or 49 passenger whale-watching boats, enjoy a comfortable heated cabin with wide-viewing windows and spacious decks for wildlife spotting. When our captain spots the whales, the boat slows and you'll step out on the deck for that perfect whale shot. The on-board Naturalist is full of information about Alaska’s wildlife – Humpback whales, Stellar sea lions, Dall’s porpoises, bald eagles. A small snack and water are available.
The Mendenhall Glacier is the next stop with the visitor center included in your tour. Find out about the formation of glacier’s and walk to Photo Point, Steep Creek or take the Trail of Time. Nugget Creek Falls is the most popular trail which can take up to 1 hour 15 minutes.
When you’re ready to leave, take the shuttle bus to return to Juneau’s port – the schedule is flexible to allow a shorter or longer time at the glacier, depending on your ship schedule. It leaves every 30 minutes from the glacier.
Afternoon tours are reversed – the first stop is at the Mendenhall Glacier, with an appointed time for the pick-up at the Glacier
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour time is a check-in time; departure is within 15 to 30 minutes.
- The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- All ports or docks are within 10 minutes walking distances, except one - the A Dock - which provides a “Downtown” shuttle to the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the name of their ship
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- No food is allowed at the Mendenhall Glacier.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately in layers and for the likely chance of rain. It is recommended that you wear warm layered clothing, a waterproof jacket and comfortable slip-proof shoes
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- *This combination tour does not work for any Norweigan Joy passengers due to the early all aboard and also major construction in Juneau
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.