- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover Maui's famous Road to Hana from the ground and from the sky! On this small-group luxury tour, relax on the drive to Hana in a luxury Limo-Van and make several stops along the way, including the Hawaiian village of Ke’anae, Hana Tropical Gardens and a beautiful cascading waterfall, where you’ll get a chance to swim. On the reverse leg of the trip, take a scenic flight over the rugged coastline and soak in unbeatable views of the island. This 6-hour experience will surely be the highlight of your visit to Maui!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
- Likely to Sell Out
- 6-hour luxury Road to Hana Tour
- 3.5-hour drive with multiple stops
- 36-minute helicopter flight with live commentary
- Swim breaks
- Pacific Rim lunch and beverages
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The listed price does not include a $15 parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in.
Returns to original departure point
While in Maui, take a journey along the famous Road to Hana! On this 6-hour, small-group luxury tour, you’ll experience the Road to Hana from both the ground and sky. Board an air-conditioned, luxury Limo-Van at the Kahului Heliport and start your professionally guided tour to Hana. With plush seats, large windows and a maximum of six passengers, this is the most comfortable way to navigate the winding roads, and is a perfect adventure for the whole family.
You’ll make several stops along this spectacular coastal drive including the quaint Hawaiian village of Ke’anae, Wai’anapanapa State Park, black sand beaches and the scenic road leads, of course, to Hana. The village of Hana is isolated from the rest of the island and is known for being the last undeveloped tropical paradise on Maui. Explore the village and stop at the Hana Tropical Gardens for an exclusive tour (included) and learn about the native Hawaiian people, their culture and land. Enjoy fantastic photo opportunities at spectacular cascading waterfalls and crystal-clear pools, where you’ll have plenty of time to take a refreshing swim.
During one of the stops, enjoy a Pacific Rim lunch served on linen table cloths at a beachside location. Savor scrumptious wraps of grilled chicken and fish, fresh tropical fruits and more – not your average deli-style meal! A sample lunch menu can be found below in the Itinerary section.
On the reverse leg of the trip, fly in an air-conditioned, 6-passenger ‘A-Star’ jet helicopter. During your thrilling 36-minute flight, soar above Haleakala Crater, the world’s largest and most famous dormant volcano, and admire fantastic aerial views of waterfalls hidden in remote areas of Maui’s rain forest. Enjoy stereo music and live narration throughout this breathtaking experience.
More information about passenger requirements can be found in the Additional Information section below.
Pacific Rim lunch menu:
Choice of Southpointe and Pacifica main course:
• Grilled herb-marinated chicken breast
• Kula mixed organic greens
• Roasted corn and black bean relish
• Buttermilk ranch dressing and a roasted garlic tortilla
Lightly blackened 7-spice seared ono
• Kula organic greens
• Black olive and caper relish
• Wasabi aioli spread and a sundried tomato tortilla
• Fresh garden vegetable pasta salad with basil pesto vinaigrette
• Chilled Maui Gold pineapple
• Triple-chocolate fudge brownie with toasted Hamakua-grown macadamia nuts
*Vegetarian main course substitute:
• Lettuce wraps filled with veggies
• Roasted corn and black bean relish with a Maui herb and garlic vinaigrette dipping sauce
Lunch is elegantly served on linen tablecloths with linen napkins, crystalline plates and flatware, and includes tropical island fruit juices and bottled water.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Weight Restrictions: Due to FAA regulations, all passengers and bags must be weighed at check-in. For each passenger weighing 240 pounds or more, there is an extra charge. This is for the safety and comfort of all passengers. This is payable directly to the tour operator, no later than, one day before the tour. All passengers are weighed by the helicopter company upon check-in.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Maximum weight limit of 325 pounds per person. Under representation of body weight may result in cancellation at check-in with no refund.
- Due to comfort and weight/balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing between 240 lbs (109 kg) and 290 lbs (131 kg) or any two persons with the combined weight over 420 lbs (190 kg) will be charged an extra $289.86 payable directly to the tour operator, no later than, one day before the tour. Passengers weighing over 290 lbs (131 kg) will be charged an extra $397.58, payable directly to the tour operator, no later than, one day before the tour.
- Bathing suits are recommended
- There is no wheelchair lift to accommodate wheelchair passengers nor can the staff personally/physically assist people into the helicopter
- Guests must be ambulatory. Walkers, Wheelchairs and/or Scooters, of any kind, are not permitted. Tour operator will deny participation to Guests arriving in or with wheelchairs, electric scooters and / or walkers. Guests with heart or respiratory conditions, oxygen tanks, or generators can not participate. Maximum weight limit of 325 pounds per person.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Was greated by Scottie our van tour guide. He is the best. Very knowledgeable of the road and history. Lots of pictures taken that Scottie was more than happy to take. You might think it much but add in helicopter ride will save you six more hours to vacation. Highly recommend this tour.
First class from start to finish. Equipment, both the ground and air transportation were above expectations. Driver Scott and pilot Mike were knowledgeable, polite, respectful and remembered everyone's names. Never rushed, numerous stops along the Road to Hana. Hint, arrive early, the earlier you leave and don't loligag, the more you see. Only slight negative, surf was too high at black sand beach
The raod to Hana is beautiful, no doubt, but doing it with Scott, our tour guide made it a truly magnificent experience. He knew where and when to stop and take amazing pictures, even suggested camera angles and settings for the best effect. He gave us history, natural wonders and even the best food and rest stops. They gave us a delightful ocean side lunch and then a swim in the black beach. The helicopter than swooped us up for a swift aerial view back to the heliport.
This tour was definitely worth the money. Our pilot and driver were both very friendly and knowledgeable.
Beautiful day both the pilot and driver work excellent at her job Siri was magnificent. This is the way to do this trip relaxed and enjoyable
The ride up and guide Wendy was as good as the Blur Hawaiian helicopter trip back which was unbelievably gorgeous! Great people and experience all around!!
This was a perfect way to see the Road to Hana. It was relaxing and a good balance of stopping to see things and enjoying the commentary from the driver. The helicopter ride back was outstanding.
Excellent tour!! Would highly recommend to anyone! Helicopter was amazing and thrilling and the Hana tour and stops along the way back were awesome. Our guide Scott was extremely good and wanted us all to really enjoy the day.
Our tour guide was great and very knowledgeable. The helicopter portion was shorter than listed and we did not get to see the top of the crater because of clouds. Which apparently is a common occurrence.
This was the finest way to travel to, see and return from Hana - This Hana Luxury Tour and Helicopter Flight was exciting and comfortable. Our helicopter pilot Hugo made our flight one for the memory books and our tour guide Wendy was super accommodating and fun. Our meal service was first class.
This tour is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
I highly recommend this tour. The small group tour is the way to go as it's relaxed, don't have to wait on tons of people loading and unloading from the bus and you get personal attention for pictures and knowledge transfer from your guide. Ask for Scott Ferguson of Temptation Tours for your drive to Hana. Scott has a fun and great sense of humor and is extremely knowledgeable on both Maui facts and history. He knows all the spots for a perfect picture and will give you advice on best places to visit in Hawai'i. The helicopter flight was amazing and the views were spectacular. This tour was the highlight of our trip.
Very interesting trip made even better with the continuous dialogue by both Michael the Limo/Van driver and Tim the helicopter pilot. They explained a lot of the history of the island and the natives as well as pointing great views and describing the plant life. It rained most of the driving trip so we did not make many stops and the ones we made were short. I would like to have stopped at the general store or somewhere in Hana to maybe pick up a souvenir or two. The black sand beach was amazing as were the many waterfalls along the way. You will enjoy flying to the crater.
This was the first time my husband had been to Hawaii so I thought this was a great way to see Hana. He loved it!! So did I.
Fantastic helicopter flight to Hana. Our pilot gave detailed descriptions of what we flew over. He knew the area so well. Upon landing we were met by Gayle, our guide for the land portion. She really knows and loves the Hana Rd. Lunch by the beach was delicious and the tour van was very comfortable.
Our Van tour guide Scotty was great. Entertaining and knowledgeable of Maui. Even though it was a cloudy rainy day we had a wonderful time. I know we wouldn't have saw half of what we saw and learned about if we would have went on our own. It was so much nicer to come back by helicopter instead of driving all the way back. Our pilot Rick was nice and a excellent pilot. We saw whales from the helicopter on the way back. Thanks to all for a good time.
Gayle our tour guide was great! Having a large van with 6 big captain chairs and only 6 people makes for a more personal trip. It was easier for Gayle to pull into smaller spots and with just 6 people we could make quicker stops and get on down the road. Lunch at the park on the beach was lovely and seeing the beaches at and just past Hana was great too. I think we were able to see a few extra beaches because all 6 of us were always back in the van on time. My husband and I sat on the back row but with each stop we would trade places so that we both got to sit on the ocean side of the van about half the time.
The small van tour was a luxury-much better than big tour bus. Gail was an excellent guide-very knowledgeable and friendly. Lunch was very tasty. Waterfalls and black beach were awesome. What we saw from the helicopter was nice, although the weather was foggy and rainy, so we were disappointed that we did not see more of the island. We were forced to stay along the shoreline and did not see any of the crater, mountains. Disappointing, but totally understood that safety comes first. Our pilot, Hugo, did a great job explaining the terrain and gave us so many interesting facts about the island.
The helicopter road combination tour was perfect. The helicopter showed us the crater and volcanic formations and beautiful waterfalls and the van and driver were terrific on the way back.
Five stars for sure. Worth the time and money. Steve was our driver, he was knowledgeable, friendly and very sweet to spend time with. Our pilot Hugo was the best! He was funny as well as knowledgeable on the terrain. Best day on Maui! Well do it again.
This excursion was definitely one of my highlights from our Hawaii vacation!!! I was very apprehensive at first when we booked it because I often get motion sickness. However the helicopter ride was extremely comfortable since we had individual seats with our own air vents. The views on the helicopter were amazing with us seeing numerous waterfalls. The van driver Scott Ferguson was very entertaining and kept us well informed about what we were viewing. We all appreciated the fact that he knew the road to Hana so well that we felt completely safe the whole time he was driving and we were all able to concentrate on enjoying the scenery. I loved the way he would let us know in advance that a spectacular photo opportunity was just around the corner or next curve so to have our cameras ready. If we would have been driving our own vehicle I'm sure we would have missed so much. This excursion was first class from the moment we arrived at the helicopter hangar until the moment the van returned us to our rental vehicle. Thank you Viator for packaging this lovely excursion!