- 1 hour (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Travel by horse-drawn carriage along the picturesque streets of Charleston and take in the history of this South Carolina city. See highlights such as historically significant homes, churches and gardens while listening to informative commentary about the city’s role in the Civil War from your knowledgeable guide. Enjoy the relaxed pace of a carriage tour as you soak up the southern charm of Charleston. Please check in with Old South Carriage 15-minutes prior to tour.
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Family friendly
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- 1-hour carriage tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
14 Anson St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Returns to original departure point
Daily - MUST check-in 15-minutes
On a carriage drawn by magnificent Belgian and Percheron draft horses, travel with Old South Carriage through historic districts of Charleston to learn about the history of the “Holy City.”
Meet your carriage on Anson Street near the City Market for your 1-hour tour with your knowledgeable guide. Listen to fascinating historical facts and entertaining local stories as your carriage glides through 300 years of history.
Your journey takes you back to the colonial beginnings of Charleston as you pass old churches and antebellum mansions surrounded by lush gardens. Stop outside historic homes such as the Aiken-Rhett House, which was built in 1818 and became the residence of the 61st governor of South Carolina. Be sure to have your camera ready for to snap photos of Charleston’s many picturesque homes and gardens.
While the beautiful homes offer captivating stories, the horse that pulls your carriage provides another highlight of your tour. The horse is much like the draft horses that worked on American farms in the early 1800s. These handsome animals are carefully looked after by their handlers, have regular weeks off and get several months per year to run free on a 65-acre (26-hectare) plantation located just 8 miles (13 km) from their Charleston stables.
Expect to cover more than 2.5 miles (4 km) and 30 blocks of historical homes. At the end of your 1-hour tour, your guide returns you to your starting point where you can make your way to your next destination.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: you MUST check-in 15-minutes prior to your scheduled tour time. Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled with out refund.
- Carriage can transport up to 16 passengers per departure.
- Children 3 years and under are free provided that they sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. If you want your child to have a seat, you must purchase a child seat.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.