- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience the other Swamp Tour in New Orleans. This destination is only 35 minutes from New Orleans yet a world apart. Hold onto your hat! This New Orleans airboat tour is a high speed adventure that is part tour and part ride. This boat has a maximum of six passengers to ensure a small, personal and uncrowded experience.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- 1 hour and 40 minute airboat tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve
- Food and drinks
9706 Barataria Blvd, Marrero, LA 70072, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from any major downtown New Orleans hotel. If you hotel is not listed please list in comments area.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, 419 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130-1035
On this tour you will experience the best of both: a swamp tour and an airboat ride.You will travel at high speeds in the airboat then slow down and stop for pictures. Along the way, you will get a personal tour by your local Captain. These airboats have stadium seating, so that the person in front of you does not obstruct your view. Every airboat seat is great for experiencing the tour and viewing the wildlife. Yes, gators will get close, real close. So close that you will be able to look into those reptilian eyes.
Alligators do hibernate in the colder months, but the experienced captains know where to look for them. On average, during the winter, you have better than a 50/50 chance of seeing a gator. In the warmer months, you will always see a gator. Every New Orleans Airboat Tour is unique and you never know what will be around the next corner. The area toured is a combination of Swamp, Marsh and Lake. So you may see anything from a Bald Eagle to a Pelican to Osprey our even an Owl, its that diverse. The airboats are driven by a 454 Chevy Engine that will produce speeds of up to 35 miles an hour. They are propelled by a huge fan that will blow air from the back of the boat in excess of 200 miles an hour. These tours are truly a blast! They ride in inches of water and go places where traditional boats cannot go. The boats were designed to take you to inaccessible areas of the swamp, places that you cannot reach by foot or car. It is a unique experience.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.