- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Step aboard the Grand Canyon Railway for a trip to the majestic Grand Canyon you'll never forget. Feel the rumble of a vintage train as the engine chugs 65-miles (approximately 105 km) across the beautiful Northern Arizona countryside. The train offers kaleidoscopic views of the San Francisco Peaks and rolls through valleys adorned in wild flowers, dense pine forests, high desert plains and small canyons.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Choice of seating available
- All entrance fees included
- Rail Tour
- Round trip train (coach or first class)
- 1.5-hour rim tour (if option selected)
- Hot buffet lunch (if option selected)
- National Park service fees (USD15)
- Sales tax
- Lunch (unless option is selected)
- 1.5-hour rim tour (unless option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Train departs from Williams Depot
Returns to original departure point
The excitement begins at the historic 1908 Williams Depot. Before the train departs you will be entertained by a Wild West shootout featuring the Cataract Creek Gang in an outdoor theater. Shop in one of two gift shops, or enjoy a hearty buffet breakfast (not included) before departure at the Grand Depot Cafe next to the depot.
Then, hear the train whistle pierce the fresh morning air, beckoning passengers for a trip on the old iron horse to the Grand Canyon. Uniformed coach attendants provide you with white-gloved courtesy and service. Aboard the train, enjoy the tunes of strolling musicians who conduct sing-a-longs, an Old West train robbery, and the antics of western characters as they recreate train travel as it was back in 1901.
The train arrives at the historic 1910 Grand Canyon Depot, the only remaining log depot still in operation in the United States. Buildings like the El Tovar Hotel, Hopi House and Bright Angel Lodge salute arriving guests as you pull into the station and disembark from the train. A narrated motorcoach rim tour of the Grand Canyon National Park can be added and enhances your visit by escorting you to the most scenic overlooks of the canyon. Upgrade to include a hot buffet lunch!
• Coach Class - Budd Coach, named after famous Budd Manufacturing Company, are streamline era coaches built in the 1950's and are air-conditioned and heated in the cooler months. Soft drinks and bottled water are available for purchase on board.
• First Class - Enjoy the opulence of oversized, reclining seats with extra-large viewing windows and at-seat cocktail service (no host bar) aboard First Class. Cars are air-conditioned and you can help yourself to complimentary morning refreshments of fresh fruits, pastries, juices, teas and coffee. Enjoy snacks from the buffet on the afternoon trip.Please note: adult prices include a USD15 National Park Fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- The train can accommodate a motorized scooter if it is no wider than 25 inches. There is a special lift to lift the scooter onto the train.
- Please note: Arizona doesn't observe Day Light Savings and switches between MST (Mountain Standard Time) and PST (Pacific Standard Time) depending on the season.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
The train ride was relaxing and enjoyable and we were able to admire the vast natural beauty in route to the Canyon. The bus tour took us to key spots along the southern rim and the guide was helpful with stories and context. We enjoyed it!
We were travelling with a moderately disabled person and a 4-year-old. The trip was perfect for us. The tour length was very good and satisfied our desire to see the Grand Canyon. The guide was careful to warn us about the dangers of the cliff edge and delivered clear guidelines on how to approach the site. This was greatly appreciated.
The train ride was comfortable and well served. We enjoyed the entertainment.
We had an amazing experience in the Angel Bright car on our trip to the Grand Canyon on the Grand Canyon Railway. Cameron was very accommodating, funny, and knowledgeable and did everything he could to make sure all of the passengers were comfortable and above all having fun. The rest of the staff from the characters to the photographers were equally amazing. Thank you for making this a great experience!
Everyone was really nice. The PSA, Dennis, was great and very knowledgable. We really enjoyed the trip
In our opinion, this is the best way to see the Grand Canyon. One gets an enjoyable train ride while being entertained both ways, a courtesy bus tour of the Canyon where we saw the canyon from three different locations. We purchased the lunch option and were driven to the restaurant for a buffet lunch. This was an all day event with little walking required and filled with, in addition to the wonderful sites of the Grand Canyon ( we spent around 4 hours at the canyon) enjoyable entertainment on the rail trip. It is well worth the money.
Great way to get to the Grand Canyon. Everyone was incredibly happy and did their best to make the ride fun. The bus tour was great also. I have done this twice and would highly recommend it.
This was a really, really great trip! The people on the train were so fun, very professional, friendly and great at their job!! The food was great, too. I would highly recommend this as the best way to see the Grand Canyon!!
Take the train, It will bring back child hood memories it will be relaxing and entertaining . The hotel staff are great and will make you welcome and so glad you took this trip!.
We had a wonderful day from the Cowboys to the snacks and meal to the tour bus guide and seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time. I would highly recommend his package to others. Grand Canyon Railways did a wonderful job with this package..
The canyon is indescribable.
The conductor on the train was really nice and gave a lot of information on the way up and on the way back, very knowledgeable.
Watch out for the Cataract Creek gang..
The train was great, the people accommodating for mobility impaired people, Alexander was very knowledgeable of the area and trivia too some of the jokes need more work.The Wild West guys were great. You could tell they like having fun, besides using this as a hobby. And, of course, the Grand Canyon is of unspeakable beauty. What I thought was a bit pricey was worth the trip. Thank you.
a fantastic expierence for the first time grand canyon visitor. our car monitor, amber rose, was the best.
Great experience! Much easier than driving ourselves to and from the rim and it gave us the initial review of the Grand Canyon which we can use for preparing another trip in the future.
It was amazing !Our first trip to the Grand Canyon . I would highly recommended this tour. Staff was friendly and informative.
I would definetly do this again.