- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover Boston at your leisure with a one or two-day ticket on the Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour. Create your own itinerary to see the most popular sights of Boston at your own pace. Enjoy admission to the Old State House with your tour.
- Trolley tour
- Narration by professional tour conductor
- All taxes
- Entrance fees to attractions unless noted
- Items of a personal nature
- Food and drinks
You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
You may disembark at any of the available stops.
Boston Hop On Hop Off Tour
Route Duration: 2 hours
- 200 Atlantic Ave - Stop #1: Faneuil Hall. Stop #1 is our primary staging and ticketing area, located at 200 Atlantic Avenue, directly on the end of the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel. Stop # 1 is also directly across the street from Faneuil Hall Marketplace, and immediately next door to Christopher Columbus Park.
- 561 Commercial Street - Stop #2: Historic North End. Stop #2 is at 561 Commercial Street, in front of the Steriti Ice Rink. Stand at the bus stop located at the corner of Commercial Street and Hull Street. It is located about two blocks east from the Charlestown Bridge.
- Charlestown Navy Yard Ferry Terminal - Stop #3: USS Constitution and Museum. Stop #3 is located directly in front of Gate #1 at the Charlestown Navy Yard. The driveway and Gate #1 are just off of Constitution Road, one block down from the cross street of Chelsea Street.
- 135 Causeway St - Stop #4: North Station / TD Garden. Stop #4 is on the Westbound side of Causeway Street at Portal Park in front of the Bobby Orr Statue (hockey player). Diagonally across the street is a restaurant called Tavern on the Square.
- 4 State St - Stop #5: Downtown Crossing / Historic District. Stop #5 is on State Street, directly across from the Old State House Museum. The trolley picks up at the glass bus shelter that's on the brick plaza across the street from the Old State House.
- 350 Main St - Stop #6: Cambridge / MIT / Harvard. Stop #6 is located on the east bound side of Main Street at Ames. The stop is directly across the street from Legal Seafoods. 400 Main Street.
- 70 Charles St - Stop #7: Beacon Hill / Antique Row. Stop #7 is located on Charles Street at the corner of Mount Vernon. The Tatte Bakery and Café is on that corner and a Peet’s Coffee Shop is directly across the street.
- 84 Beacon St - Stop #8: Cheers Bar. The trolley picks up directly in front of Cheers, near the corner of Brimmer.
- 40 Dalton St - Stop #9: Prudential Center / Skywalk Observatory. Stop #9 is located between the Hilton entrance and the USPS mailbox.
- 120 Huntington Ave - Stop #10: Christian Science Plaza / Symphony Hall. Stop #10 is located directly in front of the Colonnade Hotel, at 120 Huntington Avenue, near the corner of West Newton Street. The stop is directly across the street from the Shops at Prudential Center, and diagonally across from the Christian Science Center plaza.
- 110 Huntington Ave - Stop #11: Copley Place Mall. Stop #11 In front of the Marriott Copley Place Hotel. The trolley stops at the traffic light at the exit of the Marriott Copley Place Carriage Way.
- Boylston St & Clarendon St - Stop #12: Copley Square / Trinity Church. Stop #12 is on Boylston Street on the north side of Trinity at the bus shelter near the Phillips Brooks Statue.
- Charles Street South & Boylston Street - Stop #13: Trolley Stop Store / Welcome Center. Stop #13 is located at the corner of Charles Street South and Boylston, directly across from the Boston Common, and diagonally across from the Boston Public Garden. The trolley pulls in directly in front of our souvenir shop called The Trolley Stop.
- Beacon Street & Park Street - Stop #14: Beacon Hill / Boston Common. Stop #14 is located at the top of Beacon Hill, directly across from the Massachusetts State House, and on same side of the street as the Boston Common. There is a large outdoor sculpture near the corner of Park Street. The trolley pulls in next to the large granite staircase just before the monument.
- 313 Congress St - Stop #15: Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum. Stop #15 is located between the MBTA bus stop signs, directly in front of 313 Congress Street. It is located exactly opposite the Congress Street entrance to the Children Museum.
- 245 Summer St - Stop #16: South Station. Stop #16 is located at the MBTA bus shelter, in front of 245 Summer Street. People arriving in Boston at South Station should be sure they exit South Station on the Summer Street side and walk to their right 75 feet to the MBTA bus shelter at 245 Summer.
- 425 Summer St - Stop #17: Boston Convention Center. Stop #17 is located directly in front of main entrance to the Westin Waterfront Hotel, next door to the Boston Convention & Exposition Center. The trolley pulls into the hotel's driveway, off of Summer Street, and stops right in front of the hotel's front door.
- Boston Fish Pier - Stop #18: Boston Fish Pier. Stop #18 is located in the Seaport District on Seaport Blvd. at the western corner of the entrance to the Boston Fish Pier directly across from D Street.
Faneuil Hall Marketplace / New England Aquarium / Old North Church & Historic Site / USS Constitution Museum / Bunker Hill Monument / TD Garden / Boston Massacre Site / Old South Meeting House / Old State House / Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) / Beacon Hill / Boston Common / Prudential Center / Skywalk Observatory / The Christian Science Plaza / Symphony Hall / Copley Place / Copley Square / Trinity Church / Boston Public Library / Freedom Trail / Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum / Boston Children's Museum / Boston Convention & Exhibition Center / Boston Seaport
Operates: The Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour - named one of the best hop-on, hop-off tours in the world by Forbes - is the easiest way to get around town! Take advantage of discounted admission at area attractions, see the city at your own pace with unlimited rides, and enjoy a flexible route that features 18 stops throughout town. Hop on the Old Town Trolley at any of its stops and take a seat while your engaging guide and narrator regales you with entertaining and educational anecdotes about Boston's past. Get to know Boston's iconic institutions and roam its lively districts, from the waterfront to the Back Bay. Route stops include: • New England Aquarium and Faneuil Hall Marketplace • Historic North End and Little Italy • USS Constitution and Charlestown Navy Yard • Old State House Museum • Cheers "The Original" • Cambridge, MIT, and Harvard Square • Charles Street and Antique Row • Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum • Liberty Wharf Trolleys depart every 20–30 minutes. Each loop lasts approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Parking is available at the Boston Common Parking Garage which is underneath the Boston Common. It is located on South Charles Street and right down the street from trolley stop #6
- Complete loop takes 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete (no stops)
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if a wheelchair-accessible trolley is required
- Please exchange your voucher with Historic Tours of America for the Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston ticket which will be stamped with the date. This can be exchanged at Stop #1. You may begin the tour at any boarding location and the voucher will be collected at Stop #1.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.