- 150 to 180 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
A must do while in Hawaii! It's a lifetime opportunity to see up close manta rays feeding and interacting with other ocean creatures under the neon lights. Join us for a memorable and magical moment as we watch the sunset off the horizon before a night snorkel with beautiful manta rays gracefully gliding through the water. We guarantee Manta Ray sighting or your next trip is on us!!
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Excellent value for money
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Snorkel gear included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small group ensures personal service
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Wetsuit top
- Entry/Admission - Honokohau Marina & Small Boat Harbor
- Entry/Admission - Hang Loose Boat Tours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Underwater disposable camera is available for purchase on board
- GoPro rental (upon availability -call to reserve)
Honokohau Small Boat Harbor
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Check-in, gear fitting and board the boat
Duration: 30 minutes
Location: Honokohau Marina & Small Boat Harbor, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Manta Ray snorkel, boat ride
Duration: 2 hours
Location: Hang Loose Boat Tours, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Recommended to bring towel, clothes for change, sweatshirt or light jacket
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Age restriction: minimum age allowed is 2 years old; maximum age allowed is 75 years old (unless approved by the supplier)
- Must be in good health and fit condition, must be able to climb a short ladder
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for participants with back or neck problems or injuries within the last 3 years
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women in an advanced pregnancy
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled by the supplier, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Very good tour to go with. Worth your money. They make sure that you see the manta's! Very nice guys on the boat. They make sure you feel okay!
One of daughters favorite creatures and got to interact with them up close. Would definitely do again and bring friends. Thanks
With so much hype around tour activities it's nice to come across one that is both reasonably priced and delivers as advertised. We had a nice 20-30 minute boat ride out, saw a beautiful sunset, waited a bit on the mantas to show up but then really got our money's worth with dozens of them coming within inches. . .just like it was promised. Great mate on the boat. Snacks and drinks (water/juices) on the way out and back. You should have some level of comfort in the water and be able to navigate a ladder in and out of the boat to participate. Seasickness can be a problem so take some Dramamine/Bonine if you are subject to it
Mantas are within inches from you. The crew did everything they could to accommodate us. Nice boat too!
The night snorkeling with Hand Loose team is really nice experience!! We do saw lot os Mantas Ray swiming very close to us, so amazing!
Nate and Shawn (sp??) were absolutely amazing!! Good directions, instructions, very helpful, and what an experience we had!! Had a total of 7 manta ray's feeding during our time there!! Thanks again guys!! Memories my family will forever cherish!! Excited to spend time on the water with you all for our day snorkel, lunch, and hope to see some dolphins!!
Everything about this trip was awesome. They took us out to a great spot. Watched the sunset. They were very clearly aiming to give us the best possible experience. We say seven mantas while we were out there, closest one was just a foot or so away, doing barrel rolls under us. Then they took us out to see the stars.
This was an amazing experience. Our whole family went, and a couple of us stayed in the boat while the others did the actual snorkeling. The currents were not just right, so at first there were no rays, but our crew made sure that we followed the current and saw the rays. I would definitely recommend this to anybody when visiting Kona. Great trip!
Awesome crew, they explained everything clearly, beautiful sunset, we saw several Manta Rays. The only thing that I would have like different is entry into the water. Everyone got in and I felt like I was fighting for room on the light board and got kicked several time by other people when trying g to find a spot. Maybe a little more coordination would be better when there is a full boat.
This turned out to be the highlight of our vacation. We were lucky to see a group of manta rays. They were so close and actually contacted us several times. It was unbelievable. The crew was really nice and made our experience thrilling and relaxing. Absolutely love it!
My husband and I were so impressed by this tour! The manta rays are so beautiful and graceful as they are looping in front of you! At first we were apprehensive if we would even see manta rays, but within a few minutes we had three feeding inches from us. The crew was helpful and knowledgeable and provided plenty of snacks. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a unique adventure!
I will give this 5 STARS because the experience is unbelievable. Jacob the captains skipper was fantastic. The captain however was a
and . There are definitely better companies. Our captain was late and admitted to forgetting about us. We got our briefing from another company that was passing out fresh fruit and had a whole picture presentation on what we would be seeing. None of the other boats had super young kids on their excursions which should say something about him. We had two children under the age of 4. It IS NOT for young children. I have 5 kids so I love children but NOT appropriate. It is extremely dark out thereminus the LED lights. Plus the Mantas are feeding right beside you. It should not have surprised the parents their kids were screaming.
Simon is an amazing ship's captain. The Manta Rays were magnificent to see and the guides ensured we were prepared for maximum enjoyment. For others traveling with children, esp on cloudy or rainy days, recommend bringing a change of clothes with a jacket after the dive. Great guide and Captain who were focused on everyone getting the most out of the experience.
Simon and Jacob were great! I appreciated the well maintained boat, and all the preparation that they did to make the experience enjoyable. Simon was obviously an experienced and highly skilled Captain, who made everyone's safety a number one priority. Jacob clearly enjoyed giving everyone a positive and memorable experience. Thank you!
Once in a lifetime experience to see several manta rays so close. Boat and crew were great!
Wow! One of the best things I’ve done! ( and I’ve done a lot) The guys with Hang loose boat tours were awesome. Being so close to these gentle giant mantas was such an incredible feeling would highly recommend this tour!
Seeing the rays was one of the highlights of being on the Big Island. The crew did a great job . We also got to see a whale an added plus. Thanks
Our tour was absolutely perfect! Highly recommend for any age and swimming ability or lack thereof like myself. Simon and Jacob were lovely and was more than willing to help you to the boards. We saw plenty of Manta’s and also a 12 inch tiger shark ;P which was incredible none the less. CHEEHAWWWW!