- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Take a tour of the mighty Hoover Dam, where you'll explore the inside of the dam, walk through a 250-foot-long tunnel and view the 650-foot-long Nevada wing of the power plant. You’ll also enjoy a 90-minute cruise, including lunch, aboard a paddle wheeler on Lake Mead.
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
- Approximately 90-minute Lake Mead Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- All taxes and fees
- Entry/Admission - Hoover Dam
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gray Line Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV 89139-5948
Begin your Hoover Dam tour with pickup in a luxury motor coach from your Las Vegas hotel. A brief stop at the terminal for check-in, where restrooms and a cafe are available.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
Upon arrival at the Hoover Dam, head to the Theater Level, where there are murals, maps, photos and other displays that provide an introduction to the Hoover Dam. Watch a short presentation, "How the West was Won," that showcases the part that the Bureau of Reclamation played in taming the rivers, settling the West and growing the country’s food.
Next, you’ll visit the power plant generators on the guided Discovery Tour. To get there, you'll take the large elevators 500 feet down into the walls of the Black Canyon to walk through a 250-foot-long tunnel and view the 650-foot-long Nevada wing of the power plant and its eight huge generators. Stand on top of it at the Penstock Viewing Platform, where you can view one of the four 30-foot-diameter pipes that transport nearly 90,000 gallons of water each second from Lake Mead to the hydroelectric generators in the powerhouse.
After the Discovery Tour, visit the Exhibit Gallery, which highlights some of the natural history of the region and presents a picture of how the Hoover Dam was constructed and how it presently operates. From the Dam Overlook, you can soak in the beautiful panoramic view of the Dam, Lake Mead and the Colorado River.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lake Mead Cruises, 490 Horsepower Cove Rd., Boulder City, NV 89005
Then it’s time to leave the heights of Hoover Dam and head down to the water’s level. At Lake Mead Marina, you’ll board the Desert Princess paddle-wheel steamboat for an approximate 90-minute cruise on Lake Mead. You’ll enjoy your deli-style lunch on board as you travel along Lake Mead and admire new views of Hoover Dam.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Ethel M Chocolates Factory and Cactus Garden, 2 Cactus Garden Dr, Henderson, NV 89014
A stop for a self-guided tour of a real working chocolate factory with free samples of chocolate.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign, 5100 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89119-3232
Photo opportunity at the Famous Welcome to Las Vegas Sign.
Duration: 10 minutes
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants 23 months and under are considered a lap child.
- Children ages 2 years and up require a seat
- This tour is not recommended for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia, or has a pacemaker or defibrillator. Tours are conducted in confined spaces and in a powerplant with generators emitting electromagnetic frequencies.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them to board and disembark the bus.
- Buses equipped with a lift are based upon availability and might not be available. Should a bus equipped with a lift be required, a three day advanced notice is required, and you must contact the local tour operator immediately after booking to confirm your request.
- Hotel pickup is available for this tour/activity. Please note: depending on the hotel, buses may not be able to access or enter every property. In this case, pickup may be redirected to a central bus stop or nearby hotel. Exact pickup details will be provided to the guest upon reconfirmation with the local tour operator.
- 30-minutes of complimentary wi-fi is available, additional time may be purchased from the local operator directly.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.