- 13 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience the scenic beauty of Arizona on this small-group day trip from the Phoenix-Scottsdale area. Visit one of the world’s wonders, the Grand Canyon, and experience Route 66, the iconic American highway steeped in rich tradition, on a full-day trip. Once you arrive at the South Rim of the canyon it's time to board a luxurious state-of-the-art ECO-Star helicopter for your 45 minute flight. Your aerial adventure begins with a view of the North Rim as you fly towards the eastern end of the canyon following the Colorado River. Experience amazing bird's-eye views as you head south through the Dragon Corridor, which is the widest and deepest part of the Grand Canyon. Following your helicopter flight, you will reunite with your Detours guide and explore along the rim of the canyon, capturing incredible photographs of the Canyon.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Scenic air tour
- 45-minute helicopter tour
- 15 fuel surcharge included
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Phoenix area hotels
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon Airport
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon South Rim
1: Phoenix, AZ, USA
2: Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Please note: if your hotel is not on the hotel list, please contact the supplier directly. If your hotel is not a pre-approved pick-up location, the supplier will determine a location you can meet to be picked up for your excursion. Contact details will be provided on your pre-paid voucher.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Route 66
After departing the Phoenix metro area, our tour travels through the expansive Sonoran Desert filled with the native saguaro cactus. The scenery begins to change as we increase in elevation and views of the cactus fade into pine trees. As we continue further into Northern Arizona, we will travel the outskirts of the Route 66 town of Flagstaff and from the highway, see the San Francisco Peaks among the seemingly endless Ponderosa Pine Forest, the largest contiguous forest of ponderosa pines in the world.
Stop At: Williams Depot, Williams, AZ
Williams will be our first stop along the tour for a chance to experience Route 66, the iconic American highway steeped in rich tradition. While in Williams, guests will have the opportunity to “get their kicks on Route 66” with walks along the original route, explore the local shops and capture souvenir photos highlighting a bygone era in classic American history. Also known as the Will Rodgers Highway, Route 66 is the most recognizable road in the United States and stretched 2,448 miles from Chicago to California upon completion. While you are enjoying Route 66, your guide will pick up your picnic lunch made fresh that morning.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Grand Canyon Airport, 112 Runway Rd, Wellsboro, PA 16901, USA
Just before entering the Grand Canyon National Park, you will be checked in for your 45 minute helicopter flight, spanning over 90 miles of the Grand Canyon. After your flight, your guide will bring you back into the National Park to discover more by foot. You will have opportunities to walk the rim, shop, capture an unlimited number of photographs, or relax with the best seat in the house.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Grand Canyon South Rim, Highway 64, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
After your helicopter portion of the tour you will regroup with your tour guide in the national park.
Duration: 2 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The maximum weight limit per person is 300 pounds. Guests over the weight limit (300+ lbs) will be required to purchase 2 seats. This is payable direct to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- Arizona state law requires children under 8 years to have either a child seat or booster. Child seats are available upon request.
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Foldable wheelchairs are acceptable to fit in the vehicle
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.