- 2 hours 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Admire the posh homes of New Orleans' Garden District on this morning walking tour. Observe impressive examples of Greek Revival and Italianate architecture including mansions belonging to Anne Rice, Sandra Bullock and John Goodman. See where Confederate leader Jefferson Davis died, pass by the gates of an above ground cemetery, and learn about the history of the Garden District from your guide.Your tour includes roundtrip transportation from the French Quarter.
- Transport to and from the Garden District by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Light refreshments
- Entry/Admission - Women's Guild of the New Orleans Opera
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Gray Line New Orleans, 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Returns to original departure point
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Garden District, St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130-5968
Your tour begins in the French Quarter, where you'll board a comfortable, air-conditioned coach and travel to the quieter and more genteel Garden District. This elegant historical area, known for its marvelous examples of Greek Revival and Italianate architecture and lovely gardens, was once the site of a number of plantations. Learn from your guide how in the 19th century it was sold off piece by piece primarily to wealthy Americans who built the lavish mansions that still dominate this district.
See mansions belonging to local author Anne Rice, actress Sandra Bullock, actor John Goodman, and former New Orleans Saints' quarterback — and father of Peyton and Eli — Archie Manning. Stop for an exclusive tour of a stately Garden District home built around the end of the American Civil War in 1865.
Admire an unusual cast-iron fence resembling a row of cornstalks and learn the legend of how a southern colonel had it made in the mid-1800s to comfort wife, homesick for Iowa.
Duration: 2 hours 45 minutes
Stop At: Women's Guild of the New Orleans Opera, 2504 Prytania St # 70130, New Orleans, LA 70130-5902
This is the only Garden District tour to go inside an exquisite historic Garden District mansion.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Cemetery closed on some holidays, Saturday afternoons and Sundays
- In order to help protect the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point — just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Wheelchair Access: If the guest needs a wheelchair lift equipped bus, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Alternate Routes: Due to uneven and narrow paths, alternate routes may be necessary for guests traveling in wheelchairs.
- Home Tour: Due to the historic nature of the building, the New Orleans Opera Guild home is not wheelchair accessible.
- The audio system may not be used during inclement weather
- Child rates apply to those under the age of 6 who occupy a seat. Lap children under 6 years ride for free
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.