- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This 3-hour Lower Monument Valley sunrise or sunset tour is a custom tour created by your guide. It is a chance for them to create their own itinerary to give their guests the best experience of Monument Valley. Our guides do stop at the major scenic overlooks and monuments like the John Ford's Point, Big Hogan, Totem Pole, Sun's Eye and more.
- Family friendly
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Bottled water
- Local professional guide
- Transport by open-air Safari vehicle
- Entrance fees to Monument Valley Tribal Park. Visit www.navajonationparks.org for fee details.
The View Hotel, Indian Rte 42, Oljato-Monument Valley, AZ 84536, USA
Valid from the time you exchange your voucher, for the duration selected.
Returns to original departure point
This tour is a custom tour and are not necessarily in the order below. Each guide has their own itinerary and have a specific place and time to be throughout the tour.
The 3 hour tour makes a stop at the famous John Ford’s Point where many of John Wayne’s western cinematic movies were film, and also the Transformers: Age of Extinction featuring Mark Wahlberg. Next, your guide will drive to The Backcountry of the park and escort you to the arches.
At “Sun’s Eye Arch” you will be standing at a specific degree to look up into the rock arch and see why it is named Sun’s Eye. At the same location you will also see Petroglyphs and hear your guide’s stories.
You will also travel to the “Big Hogan.” The Big Hogan is a great place to take family pictures and lie against the rocks and feel its warmth. Your guide will provide stories and suggest great photo shots.
In the Backcountry is the “Ear of the Wind.” This is the largest arch in the park, and your guide will escort you to a photogenic spot where you can take photographs.
You will be guided to the Totem Pole and Yei Bi Cheii Monuments where you will be able to take photographs and hear the cultural stories behind each monument.
Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel, then get ready for a scenic drive to Monument Valley in a comfortable all-terrain vehicle— allowing for exclusive access to parts of the park that are inaccessible to smaller cars.
The area, located on a Navajo Reservation and considered a sacred healing region by Native American tribes, is tough to navigate on your own. But your guide will walk you through the history of the Navajo tribal park and the background of each stunning natural formation. With your choice of a sunrise or sunset tour, you’re bound for incredible, camera-ready views during the sun-kissed time of day known by photographers as the “Golden Hour.”
The itineraries are fully customizable, so you’ll have your pick of some incredible spots, including iconic rock formations like John Ford’s Point, which served as film backdrop in many John Wayne Westerns. One of the most photographed formations is the Yei Bi Chei monuments, which resemble a line of tribal dancers. You’ll also get an opportunity to take pictures of the Big Hogan, a sandstone cave chamber, and Ear of the Wind, a mesmerizing, crimson-hued arch.
At the North Window where you will have a chance to take pictures of the Mittens and Butte at different angles. Your tour guide will then slowly and safely transport you back to your departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We do observe Daylight Savings TIme. We are on Mountain Standard Time (UT). Be advised that there is a one hour time difference between Arizona Time Zone and the Navajo Nation Time Zone (Mid-March to October).
- We depart from The View Hotel Visitor's Lobby.
- GROUP TOUR ONLY. NON-PRIVATE TOURS.
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.