- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Get breathtaking views of Hawaii from the air! On this deluxe, two-hour helicopter tour of the Big Island, you’ll take off from Kona and fly above spectacular waterfalls, along the coastline and over the Waipio and Waimanu valleys. Soar above rainforests, macadamia nut orchards and live volcanoes. Enjoy executive seating in a Bell 407 helicopter.
For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Qualified and professional pilot
- 100-120 minute helicopter tour
- Two-way headset communication with your pilot
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel Pick-up from select Kona Hotels ONLY
73300-73200 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
We have multiple departure times to suit your sightseeing schedule.Check-in is 45 minutes prior to flight
Returns to original departure point
It’s no secret that Hawaii is a particularly stunning piece of the Pacific Ocean, so see it from the best angle possible on a helicopter tour of the Big Island. This exciting two-hour tour from Kona will introduce you the Big Island’s beautiful and powerful features, including the active volcano of Kilauea, where if you're lucky, you'll see actual lava flow from the crater.
Take off from Kona in a comfortable, low-vibration, six-seat Bell 407 helicopter, and soar south along the coast and then east to Kilauea in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. See the most recent volcanic activity and look for flowing lava before heading to the north end of the island.
Climb between the volcanic peaks of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, enjoying the fantastic views from the helicopter’s oversized sliding windows, perfect for taking photos. Revel in the beauty of ocean cliffs and tropical rainforests, where you'll dive between mist-shrouded peaks. Admire the cool mountain waterfalls and the deep green valleys of the Hamakua Coast before returning to Kona, where you can spot the million-dollar resorts that dot the coast.
Your knowledgeable pilot will offer expert narration, which you’ll hear over your two-way headset. Ask questions and talk with pilot as you fly!
Please note: due to weather, the flight can range from 100 - 120 minutes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to weather, flights may be 100 to 120 minutes in length
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- Capacity Surcharge: All guests weighing between 265 and 315 lbs will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $100. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Guests weighing above 315 lbs. at check-in will be charged for an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The rate of the extra seat will be determined by the specific tour that they are booked on. This cost is calculated by adding an additional seat to the one that has already been purchased.
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the window seating option
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.