- 6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Maximize your time in Juneau - Visit the spectacular Mendenhall Glacier and our largest local residents - the Humpback whale. A delightful King Crab meal awaits you at Juneau's Original Eatery!
Aboard the coach, your driver guide narrates as you're transferred to the harbor to board our custom-made whale watching boat. Experience two hours of guaranteed whale spotting. Afterwards, our coach meanders to the beautiful Mendenhall Glacier National Park for you to explore the different trails: Nugget Creek Falls, Photo Point, or Steep Creek for possible fish spawning and other wildlife. At the Visitor Center, get an elevated view of the glacier, a short film and interactive displays.Take our convenient half-hourly shuttle back to town.
Once you're back in town, enjoy Juneau's Original Tracy's King Crab. The combo meal includes a meaty King Crab leg, yummy crab cakes, and their oh-so-delicious bisque! Beer and wine are available for purchase.
- All transfers between Mt. Roberts Tramway (meeting place) to Boat Harbor and Mendenhall Glacier and shuttle return
- Informative Professional Driver Guide during transfers
- Naturalist on Whale Tour
- Bottled water and a light snack aboard the whale boat.
- King Crab Combo Meal at Juneau's Original King Crab Shack - King Crab Leg; Crab Cakes, Lobster Bisque
- Food and Drinks are not available or allowed at the Mendenhall Glacier Park.
- Drinks at Tracy's are not included
- Gratuities (although greatly appreciated)
• Check-in with our dock representatives in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
• All docks are within a 10 minute walking distance, except one - that dock provides a "Downtown" shuttle.
• Mt. Roberts Tramway
• Tracy's Crab Shack Express is very close to the drop-off location, just steps away
Once you check-in with our dock representative, let's get you started you on your tour!
For our morning shore excursion, you're whisked off to the boat harbor for a 2 hour on the water guaranteed whale spotting. On-board our custom-made whale watching tour boat, enjoy wide viewing windows in a heated cabin and yes, there is a 'head' for your convenience . Once our informative and delightful captain spots the whales, the boat slows and out you go on our spacious decks to watch these beasts in their natural summer habitat. Your Naturalists' commentary is full of information about our Humpback whales and other possible wildlife such as Stellar Sea Lions, Dall's Porpoises, Bald Eagles. A real bonus if you see a transient Orca whale.
Our humpback whales come to feed in our cool, rich waters near Auke Bay for the summer. We do guarantee a whale sighting or a $100 refund if a whale is not spotted. Although we can't guarantee what the humpbacks can do - you will be delighted if they tail-slap, head lunge, breach, or gather for bubble-net feeding.
After our morning excursion - we transfer you by bus to the spectacular Mendenhall Glacier - one of more than 38 glaciers as part of the Juneau Ice Fields. If you have the time, take the Nugget Creek Falls trail (1 hr 15 min round trip), the Photo Point Trail (20 min. round trip) or Steep Creek (10 min, walk) for possible fish spawning and other wildlife.
The Mendenhall Visitor Center is included in your tour - take advantage of the short film and the interactive displays along with the spectacular view at an elevated level.
Our convenient half-hourly shuttle bus located at the Bear Stop will take you back to port. Please be aware of your all aboard time - it does take approximately 30 minutes back to town.
Once you're back in town, make your way to Juneau's Original King Crab Shack. Enjoy their combo meal which includes a meaty King Crab leg, yummy crab cakes, and the oh-so-delicious bisque! Beer and wine are available for purchase.
Afternoon whale and glacier excursions may be reversed with a shuttle to the glacier first - this schedule offers more time at the glacier. We will pick you up at the glacier at your appointed time for whale-watching, then drop-off back in town for your meal.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway
- All ports or docks are within 10 minutes walking distances, except one - the A Dock - which provides a shuttle to the Mt. Roberts Tramway
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: Ship Name
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark. Must be able to take 3 steps in/out of bus.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - dress in layers and the likely chance of rain.
- *If you are on any Norweigan cruise ship, you are unable to take this tour due to the early all aboard, duration of tour and major construction in Juneau
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.