- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Take a thrilling airboat ride through the wetlands near New Orleans and plenty of alligators on this active, family-friendly tour. Travel over bayous and open waterways around the colorful, historic fishing village of Jean Lafitte, named after a 19th-century smuggler. Spy alligators in the wild -- as well as raccoons, native birds and large river rodents called nutria -- as your native guide provides commentary. Your 4-hour tour includes round-trip transport from New Orleans and 1.5 hours on the boat. This tour is an easy way to get out and experience the rich natural landscape around New Orleans. The airboat holds 15-27 passengers.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
- 1 hour 45 minute airboat ride
- Native guide
- Albino alligator exhibit
- Entry/Admission - Airboat Adventures
- Food and drinks
Gray Line New Orleans, 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Airboat Adventures, 5145 Fleming Park Rd, Lafitte, LA 70067, USA
Travel by air-conditioned coach from central New Orleans to the nearby fishing village of Jean Lafitte, named after an 18th-century smuggler. Home to a variety of diverse cultures, this area surrounded by Lousiana bayous has been the site of extensive logging operations, sugar and rice plantations and animal trapping enterprises over the years. Today, the people's simple way of life is a marked contrast to the hustle-bustle of New Orleans.
In Jean Lafitte, you can get some snacks (own expense) and check out an albino alligator exhibit before boarding your airboat, a vessel that relies on an aircraft-type propeller mounted on its back to move it forward. Feel the wind in your hair as your move swiftly over the wetlands.
Your native boat captain will talk about the history and culture of the area and point out wildlife as you travel. See lots of alligators lurking in the marshes, as well as local birds, raccoons and nutria -- giant river rodents that call the bayous home.
Conclude your 4-hour family-friendly escape to the Louisiana wetlands with coach transport back to central New Orleans.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Barataria Preserve, Marrero, LA
You will travel through the Barataria Preserve, part of the Jean Lafitte National Park & Preserve system. The preserve offers a taste of Louisiana's wild wetlands, protecting 23,000 acres of bayous, swamps, marshes and forests.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In this event, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- In case of inclement weather, the tour may be shortened, postponed or replaced with a similar tour on a covered boat
- Pregnant women not permitted on airboats
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Minimum age is 5 years
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- Dress code is smart casual: Sunglasses are recommended. Please note that you are on an air-boat and may get wet.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.