- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Hop into a Toyota Land Cruiser with your expert guide and head north from Moab to the backcountry entrance of Arches National Park and avoid the crowds.
Our first stop is to see dinosaur footprints. For millions of years this area was teeming with dinosaurs.
We pass Balanced Rock, one of the most iconic features of the Park, standing a staggering 128 feet. Landscape look familiar? Indiana Jones, and Thelma and Louise have scenes shot here.
The 4X4 trail into the backcounty climbs a short but steep rock wall passing sandstone fins, towering pinnacles and tall spires known as the Marching Men. We stop at Tower Arch for an optional hike.
As you travel along the track, hear informative commentary about the geology, wildlife and history of the park.
We make another stop at Eye of the Whale for an optional hike to a seldom visited slick rock playground named Herdina Park.
After exploring the backcountry we exit past the three gossips and Park Avenue before your guide returns you to Moab.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Family friendly
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Professional guide
- Transport by 4x4 vehicle
- Ice water and lemonade
- Entry/Admission - Tower Arch
- Entry/Admission - Eye of the Whale Arch
- Entry/Admission - NAVTEC Expeditions - Day Tours
- Food and drinks
- Park entrance fees
- Delicate Arch hike
- Car or booster seats for children
- Entry/Admission - Arches National Park
321 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Additional pick up location my be available. Please confirm pick up time 24 hours in advance when confirming reservation.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arches National Park, Moab, UT
Visit Arches National Park on a 4-wheel drive (4WD) tour that features spectacular sandstone arches and access to areas that most visitors don't see. An expert guide will maneuver your 4WD past red rock highlights such as Marching Men, Tower Arch and Eye of the Whale. Experience these monuments and more up close and learn about the park’s wildlife and history. This 5-hour tour even includes a stop to see fossilized dinosaur tracks, left behind millions of years ago when dinosaurs roamed the region.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Tower Arch, Klondike Bluffs, Arches National Park, UT 84532
An optional hike to the awe-inspiring Tower Arch begins at the foot of the bluff, where the 4WD road ends. From here, the route is rocky and steep, though short. Tower Arch itself is very large with a 92-foot span and can be viewed from the trailhead for those opting out.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Eye of the Whale Arch, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Eye of the Whale Arch is located in the Herdina Park area of Arches. An optional 1/2 mile hike leads you under the arch to an outcropping of seldom visited red rock formations .
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: NAVTEC Expeditions - Day Tours, 321 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532-2344
NAVTEC Expeditions is an authorized concessionaire of Arches National Park to provide guided interpretive backcountry 4X4 tours.
Duration: 5 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Things to bring: camera, water bottle (free refills available) and sun protection
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.