- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
With its diverse landscape, abundant wildlife, and unparalleled views, Kipu Ranch is one of Kauai's premier eco-tour locations. Buckle up for an off-road adventure into the tropical Huleia Valley, riding a 4WD through verdant pastures and ascending Mt. Haupu for a view of Kipu Kai beach. You may recognize filming locations for ‘Jurassic Park,’ ‘Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark,’ and ‘The Descendants.’
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- All necessary equipment included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Local guide
- Safety helmets, goggles, and bandannas (required)
- Drinks and snacks
- Instruction & Practice
- Entry/Admission - Kipu Ranch Adventures
- Entry/Admission - Kipu Kai
Kipu Ranch Adventures
Returns to original departure point
Tuesday to Friday: 9:30am
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kipu Ranch Adventures, Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii
Check-in 15 minutes prior to tour time
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Huleia National Wildlife Refuge, Kauai, Hawaii
Ride through lush green pastures and venture down into tropical Hule’ia Valley.
Stop At: Kipu Kai, Kauai, Hawaii
Ascend to majestic Haupu for a breathtaking view of Kipu Kai, Kauai’s untouched paradise.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- All drivers MUST be at least 18 years of age to operate machines and MUST provide a valid Driver's License.
- No recent surgeries, neck/back/knee problems, pregnant women, or any serious health conditions allowed on tours.
- Covered closed toe footwear REQUIRED for all tours and during water activities (applicable tours only). Water activities are subject to weather conditions.
- Drug and alcohol use is not permitted before or during tours. Impaired participation is not allowed for your safety.
- Safety helmets and goggles are provided by Kipu Ranch Adventures and are required for all guests to wear.
- Guests are required to arrive on-time. Tours operate on schedule and cannot wait for late guests. The option to reschedule will be presented to late arrivals.
- Tours operate rain or shine with the exception of severe weather conditions.
- If you are booking on behalf of another person or group, it is your responsibility to inform each participant of these restrictions.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum of 2 guests required to reserve a vehicle. Please contact us for pricing and information on single seat reservations.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Enjoyed learning about the history of the area and the movies that have been filmed there.
The guides made sure everyone was comfortable with the ride route. Stopped a few times to give history/info of our route. Went over safety rules really well. we had one ATV with the guide ahead of the rest of the atvs and one at the end. The ranch is beautiful. Definitely be over 5 years of age to enjoy it. Highly recommend it.
My Group really enjoyed this method of touring. I was not feeling my best but the tour guide made all the difference. They made sure I was apart of every experience by taking the wheel of our 4X4 and navigating through the difficult terrain to hidden pond. Great excursion and well worth the money!
This was an amazing trip. Opportunity to see many spots where films were made. Tour guides were awesome as well. Highly recommended this way to see island.
We had a great time and I highly recommend this trip. Our guide is funny, well-informed, and delighted in telling us about the history and culture of Kauai. He pointed out difference areas within Kipu Ranch and told us which movies were shot where. We all had a lot of fun.
Only way to see the island. Great guides with tons of knowledge and history. Beautiful views. THNAKS!!!
Awesome tour. Lumbo and Tony did a great job. They made sure the drivers were well informed on how to use the vehicles and how to handle negative situations if encountered. They also provided Hawaiian history associated with the ranch and showed us where mainstream movies were filmed. Many photo opportunities were available. Fun and safe. Highly recommend.
Just can't say enough about much fun we had. We did the 3 hour off road adventure.
Our guide was Lumbo and he was so knowledgable and funny. After you check in office staff is very nice you get your helmet and goggles and you get some instruction and training for those who will be driving. Then the adventure begins. You stop a few times for pictures and information and more training on a certain hill. They provide water and snacks about half way through and you can do the rope swing if you want to towards the end. We had a great group of people. A family was with us that had been the year before and liked it so much they did it again. You can get muddy, wet, dusty so wear dark clothes, but it's worth it. Troy was helping Lumbo out and both were very polite and nice guys. Would definitely go again and highly recommend it.
Wow! What an amazing day at Kipu Ranch! Our guide Troy was awesome! He knew the spots to photograph, took his time to explain any questions, and truly went above and beyond to make sure everyone had the best day possible. I loved hearing the history of the land, and each stop was such a fun story to hear. I honestly can't say enough about how much fun this trip is! Thank you for giving my husband and I such great memories on our honeymoon!