- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Take an entertaining and informative cooking class at the New Orleans School of Cooking! Located in a renovated molasses warehouse built in the early 1800s, this cooking class brings you to the heart of New Orleans’ French Quarter. Learn the basics of Louisiana cooking from professional chefs and learn how to make classic New Orleans specialties such as gumbo, jambalaya and pralines. Enjoy the finished delectable dishes accompanied by complimentary beer, iced tea and coffee, and take the recipes home with you!
- New Orleans cooking demonstration class
- Generous sampling of all items
- Coffee, iced tea and beer
- Entry/Admission - New Orleans School of Cooking
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- $5 fee payable on site for special requests due to dietary restrictions
New Orleans School of Cooking, 524 St Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Returns to original departure point
Food is considered one of the defining elements of Louisiana’s culture, and there's no better way to experience New Orleans than to taste it! During your New Orleans cooking demonstration class, embark on a sensory journey in the kitchen to discover Louisiana's rich tapestry of culinary influences -- French, Spanish, Native American, African and Indian -- as they blend into modern- day Cajun and Creole cuisine.
Your cooking experts will demonstrate how to prepare classic New Orleans specialties such as gumbo, jambalaya and pralines, and will season them with history, trivia and tall tales. Learn the basics of Louisiana cooking and discover the array of spices used in this unique cuisine.
Enjoy generous samplings of the demonstrated items, as well as complimentary coffee, iced tea and beer. At the end of the class, take home the recipes to show off your new skills to your friends and family!
Menu items may include any of the following: gumbo, jambalaya, corn and crab bisque, shrimp or chicken creole, shrimp and artichoke soup, crawfish etoufee, bread pudding, bananas foster, pralines, and pecan pie.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note: This is a demonstration class only; there is no hands-on training
- Bookings can only be made up to 3 months in advance of preferred date
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.