- 14 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Travel along one of the world’s most isolated roads from Fairbanks to the Arctic Circle on this memorable 14-hour tour through the Alaskan wilderness. In the company of an experienced guide with a passion for Alaska, journey up the
Dalton Highway, passing by the
Trans-Alaska Pipeline, crossing the
Yukon River and reach the edge of the Arctic Circle. On the drive back, watch for the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis). Snacks, sandwiches, warm drinks and hotel transport are included. This tour is limited to 8 to 9 people, ensuring you enjoy a small-group experience in one of our
climate controlled vans.
Please note that we cannot guarantee the Northern Lights sightings and we can't guarantee last minute bookings.
Please also note that it is mandatory for every guest to rotate seats at least a few times on this tour.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, within city limits of Fairbanks and North Pole
- free Snacks and water
- free Sandwiches (vegetarian option available, please advise at time of booking)
- free unlimited Hot drinks, like coffee, tea, hot chocolate
- personalized Arctic Circle Certificate
- no gluten free or vegan meal option available. You are welcome to bring or buy your own lunch and snacks.
- cold weather gear
Traveler pickup is offered
If you are using Alaska-Wildlife-Cabin-and-Hostels as you accommodation, you can hop right into our tour vans.
We can pick you up from any address inside the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. If you do not see the right option to choose from but you are inside the city limits, please leave the address in the comments.
If you are staying outside the city limits, we can meet you at the Walmart parking lot in Fairbanks.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alyeska Pipeline Viewing Point, 1671 Steese Highway, Fairbanks, AK 99712
We begin our 14-hour long journey to the Arctic Circle with a convenient pick up at any hotel or address inside the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. Settle into your seat and relax on the 200 mile (322 km) journey down the back roads of Interior Alaska. We provide free snacks and drinks to ensure your utmost comfort in our climate-controlled vans.
Take a trip back in time as you travel down the Dalton Highway. Featured on the TV show Ice Road Truckers, the Dalton Highway (technically Alaska Route 11) runs north-south through Alaska, nearly all the way to the Arctic Ocean, and parallels the Trans-Alaska Pipeline. It’s one of the most isolated roads in the United States and provides some beautiful Alaskan scenery for you to enjoy during the ride.
With sweeping views of mountains and valleys, you will see the Trans-Alaskan Pipeline System (TAPS), one of the largest pipeline systems, transporting thousands of gallons of oil from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez, up close.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Dalton Highway Sign, N Slope Haul Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99790, USA
The Dalton Highway Welcome Sign
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Hilltop Restaurant & Marketplace, 3711 Elliott Hwy, Fairbanks, AK 99712, USA
Stop at Hilltop Restaurant & Marketplace. You can purchase extra drinks, snacks and food there but please order it for takeout.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: YUKON RIVER CAMP, Dalton Hwy, Fairbanks, AK 99706, USA
Enjoy the journey across the Yukon River, as you catch a glimpse of the wildlife that inhabits Sub-Arctic Alaska. With sweeping views of mountains and valleys, you will also see the Trans-Alaskan Pipeline System (TAPS), one of the largest pipeline systems, transporting thousands of gallons of oil from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez. You'll have the chance to get out for quick photos. Then a bit further down the road, stop for another photo op at Finger Mountain, where views of the alpine tundra await.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Arctic Circle Sign, Alaska, USA
Upon reaching the Arctic Circle, one of the five markers of latitude, (Tropic of Cancer, Tropic of Capricorn, Equator and Antarctic Circle), at which the sun never rises during winter solstice and never sets during summer solstice, you will be met with a glorious site.
Hop out and stretch your legs, take a short walk and and learn some interesting facts about the cultures of the Indigenous people whom have inhabited this remote area for more than 9.000 years.
Your guide will set out free sandwiches, coffee, hot chocolate and tea for you to sip while you take in your surroundings. At this point, it'll be about two to three hours before midnight — start watching for the Northern Lights, which hopefully Mother Nature won’t keep to herself on the night of your tour. If they appear, your driver will pull over at a few different locations, so you have plenty of time to snap photos and stare up in wonder at this natural phenomenon. (No guarantee) Your guide can explain what causes this mystifying and incredible atmospheric event.
• We hope you understand that we cannot guarantee a natural phenomena like the Northern Lights or a clear sky. Therefore we are not able to give out refunds in case of the non occurrence of the Aurora or a cloud covered sky Then hop back in your tour vehicle to start the return journey to Fairbanks. Free unlimited beverages and other snacks are provided. Your tour ends with hotel drop-off in the early morning hours of the next day.
Duration: 1 hour
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers. Please no small children!
- Please dress appropriately. The temperatures can reach extreme conditions during the winter month and we recommend to dress in layers.
- Please note that the Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and therefore cannot be guaranteed! (no refund possible)
- The weather conditions are in no way predictable in our area and we will not offer a refund in case of too many clouds.
- Exact schedule and itinerary of stops are subject to change based on daily conditions and Northern Lights activity on the day of your tour
- There is a possibility of cancellation due to dangerous weather and/or road conditions. If this occurs, an alternative date or full refund will be offered
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required. We are not able to provide gluten free or vegan options.
- Type of transportation: climate controlled Van
- The group size is limited to 8 to 9 people for each Van. Bigger group bookings are possible and multiple Van's will be used in this case.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- It is mandatory for every customer to rotate seats at least a few times on this tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.