- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Indulge in a luxurious evening in New Orleans on the Steamboat Natchez -- authentic steampowered paddle-wheel steamboat still operating today on the Mississippi River -- with this Viator Exclusive. After being welcomed aboard with a Champagne cocktail, go on a private boat and engine room tour led by the first mate. Then settle into your reserved seat in the dining room and listen to live jazz as you savor a buffet dinner full of local favorites. If your looking for a little more, upgrade your your cruise to include an open bar option for the entire duration. Don’t miss this opportunity to cruise through New Orleans in style on an exclusive Viator tour that can’t be booked anywhere else!
- All-inclusive tour
- Enjoy a romantic night including dinner
- Exclusive to Viator
- 2-hour paddle-wheel boat cruise
- Live jazz entertainment
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Steamboat NATCHEZ
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Steamboat NATCHEZ, 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Steamboat NATCHEZ, 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Your decadent night out in New Orleans begins with boarding the Steamboat Natchez in the French Quarter. The authentic paddle-wheel steamboat is the only one still operating on the mighty Mississippi River today.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mississippi River, LA
Pose for a photo as you board -- you'll receive a print as a souvenir of this exclusive experience that can only be booked through Viator!
Uniformed ship staff will greet you with a Champagne cocktail served in a glass etched with an image of the Steamboat Natchez that's yours to keep. Then, follow your officer of the vessel guide on an exclusive private tour of the boat and its impressive, museum-quality engine room. Feel free to ask questions and take photos as you tour the magnificent steamboat.
Afterward, take your reserved seat and listen to the live jazz band, Dukes of Dixeland. As you listen to the Grammy-nominated group play, enjoy a shrimp cocktail and glass of house wine. Then load up on scrumptious Louisiana favorites including Filé Gumbo and Louisiana style fish at the dinner buffet. Sit back, relax and delight in captivating night views of New Orleans as you cruise along the Mississippi for two hours.
Before your luxurious dinner cruise concludes in the French Quarter, you'll also receive a commemorative Steamboat Natchez pin and Dukes of Dixieland CD as souvenirs of your memorable night on the Mississippi.
Receive all the luxuries of the original tour, but include an open bar (call brand select cocktails, beer and house wine) for the entire duration of the cruise.
Sample Dinner Menu
• NATCHEZ Tossed Salad
• Soup du Jour
• Southern Fried Fish*: Zesty cornmeal crusted and fried to a golden perfection
• Pork Loin: Blackened in NATCHEZ Creole Spice and served with Creole Mustard sauce
• Strip Loin of Beef: Hand carved, cooked medium rare and served with a bleu cheese-horseradish emulsion
• Tri-Color Rotini with Basil Pistou and Vegetables (Vegetarian)
• Oven Roasted Brabant Sweet and Russet potatoes
• Creole Creamed Spinach (vegetarian): Spinach braised with onions, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, Parmesan, and feta cheese
• NATCHEZ Bread Pudding (vegetarian): A New Orleans soufflé of La Louisiane French bread, eggs, cream, vanilla and cinnamon with a Callebaut® Belgian white chocolate sauce
• La Louisiane Hot Fresh Bread
• French Market Coffee and Iced Tea included
Menu items are subject to change by season and availability. Featuring proprietary spice blends from Andy Roos.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- The Steamboat NATCHEZ is handicap accessible. However, access to the top & bottom decks are by stairs only. Please call us with any questions before finalizing your plans if you have questions on access or personal equipment.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.