- 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This is a 28/45 km, 2.5 hour guided tour that includes the major scenic points and also The Backcountry monuments in Monument Valley. The Backcountry portion of the tour includes arches and ancient Petroglyphs from the Anasazi people.
- Family friendly
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Exclusive after-hours access
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Bottled water
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Transport by open-air Safari vehicle
- Entrance fee to the Monument Valley Tribal Park
The View Hotel, Indian Rte 42, Oljato-Monument Valley, AZ 84536, USA
Returns to original departure point
The 2.5 hour tour makes a first stop at the famous John Ford’s Point where many of John Wayne’s western cinematic movies were film, and also the Transformers: Age of Extinction featuring Mark Wahlberg. Next, your guide will drive to The Backcountry of the park and escort you to the “Sun’s Eye Arch.”
At “Sun’s Eye Arch” you will be standing at a specific degree to look up into the rock arch and see why it is named Sun’s Eye. At the same location you will also see Petroglyphs and hear your guide’s stories.
Next, you will travel to the “Big Hogan.” The Big Hogan is a great place to take family pictures and lie against the rocks and feel its warmth. Your guide will provide stories and suggest great photo shots.
The last stop in the Backcountry is the “Ear of the Wind.” This is the largest arch in the park, and your guide will escort you to a photogenic spot where you can take photographs.
Next, you will be guided to the Totem Pole and Yei Bi Cheii Monuments where you will be able to take photographs and hear the cultural stories behind each monument.
The last stop is at the North Window where you will have a chance to take pictures of the Mittens and Butte at a different angle. Your tour guide will then slowly and safely transport you back to your departure point.
Our guides have been praised for describing and explaining their stories to our friends. Our guides are local and friendly people who are First Aid and CPR certified. We do offer water for our customers but you are also encouraged to bring your own snacks and other necessities.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- We do observe Daylight Savings TIme. We are on Mountain Standard Time (UT). Be advised that there is a one hour time difference between Arizona Time Zone and the Navajo Nation Time Zone (Mid-March to October).
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Pet friendly
- NOT responsible for lost or stolen items (cameras, phones, wallets, passports, etc.) while on the tour. Please only bring items you need to make your tour more comfortable (jackets, cameras, snacks, etc.)
- GROUP TOUR ONLY. NON-PRIVATE TOURS. All tours depart from The View Hotel VIsitor's Lobby.
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.