- 1 hour (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Fly over the stunning sights of East Maui and soar deep into the isolated interior of the West Maui Mountains on this 60-minute helicopter tour. This exciting flight takes you above the Hana Rainforest, gives you a peek inside the volcanic Haleakalā Crater, and glides you over to West Maui Volcano, engulfed in lava flows and surrounded by craggy cliffs and cascading waterfalls. Includes narration from a professional pilot-guide.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Professional pilot-guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
Returns to original departure point
Daily Morning departures between 8am and 11am or Afternoon departures between 2pm and 5pm. You must call the local operator prior to travel date to confirm exact departure time. Supplier contact info will be provided on with your confirmation.
Check-in 30 mins prior to departure.
Make your way to Kahului Heliport and hop aboard a luxury, air-conditioned helicopter, which holds six passengers in forward-facing leather seats. Once you’re airborne, sit back and listen to stereo music and descriptive narration from the professional pilot, who also serves as your tour guide.
Throughout the 1-hour flight, enjoy unobstructed views while you soar above Maui’s extreme landscapes, including the dense Hana Rainforest of East Maui. Look down on waterfalls and the jaw-dropping Haleakala Crater, a dormant volcano with a summit reaching more than 10,000 feet (3,050 meters) above sea level in Haleakala National Park.
After these sights, your flight continues to the West Maui Mountains, aka West Maui Volcano or Maui Komohana to native Hawaiians, best seen from the air. Snap photos of the diverse landscape including rugged lava flows, rainforest and deep valleys filled with cascading waterfalls such as the ‘Wall of Tears,’ a cliff draped with dozens of falls.
Learn about Maui's history, geology, vegetation and wildlife from your pilot as you fly, and take in a view of the neighboring island of Molokai that can only be seen from the air before returning to the ground.
After landing, you can purchase a USB containing footage of your flight that includes the pilot’s narration set to background music.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Weight Restrictions: Due to FAA regulations, all passengers and bags must be weighed at check-in. For each passenger weighing 240 pounds or more, or combined weights of 420 lbs per couple, an additional seat must be purchased. This is for the safety and comfort of all passengers. It is important to provide accurate body weight at checkout.This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour. All passengers will be weighed upon check-in.
- It is recommend that all passengers wear dark clothing to help have less reflection in the windows when flying and therefore you can get better photos during your tour
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Under representation of body weight may result in cancellation at check-in with no refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible. There is no wheelchair lift to accommodate wheelchair passengers nor can the staff personally/physically assist people into the helicopter
- Flight routes & sights may vary due to weather.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Great experience and friendly people. Excellent pilot; very safe feeling being with him. Cameron, the pilot, was very knowledgeable of the area and was an excellent communicator.
We were fortunate to book an early a.m. flight.... even though it meant getting up 'n at 'em earlier than usual from Ka'anapali. Capt'n Kirk was entertaining, informative, and, a lot of fun .... and a great pilot ( 20,000 hrs ) with a lot of experience. As I wrote on the comment card aires flight .... awesome!
Amazing, what a wonderful way to see the island. A must do for any visitor to the island.
You get to see parts of the island you would not normally see. You also get a new found respect for mother nature and all her wonders.
The best I have ever experienced Richie the pilot was awesome to listen too. I highly recommend this tour.
Great trip, just wish we could have talked with the pilot to asked questions besides writing notes.
This seems archaic given the technology these days.