- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
See magnificent California gray whales on their annual journey from the Arctic to California's Baja Coast on a whale watching cruise from San Diego. If you don't see a whale on the cruise, you'll get a 'Whale check' to try again another time!
- 3.5-hour whale watching cruise
- Comfortable outdoor and indoor seating
- Informative narration on whales and migration
- Entertaining video documentary
- Port and Service Fees
- Local taxes
- All gratuities
- Food and drinks (available to purchase onboard)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Hornblower Cruises & Events (Whale Watching & Harbor Tours)
Returns to original departure point
December to April
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hornblower Cruises & Events (Whale Watching & Harbor Tours)
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There are Personal Floatation Devices on board for all guests, as per Coast Guard requirements. You do not need to wear life vest or the provided PFD's during the course of this cruise. However, if you would prefer to have children wear the PFD's during the course of the cruise, please advise so at the time of booking in the Special Requirements box.
- Cruises are wheelchair accessible depending on which pier they depart from. Please let us know if you require a wheelchair accessible cruise so that we can confirm that your requested cruise date has wheelchair accessible departures.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
A wonderful experience! We saw A LOT of gray whales, sea lions, dolphins... Definitively the best whales watching ever!
We enjoyed our trip and saw 3 humpback whales and 1 fin whale. The captain was very good at pointing out the whales and hanging in the area while we all watched the show. I would recommend this tour! It was cold out on the water so be sure to bring a jacket if you go in February. Also the water was rather rough, so if you tend to get sea sick, be sure to take something!
Spectacular sights of whales on their way to the warm waters of Mexico for breeding. Never expected to see so many!! Great excursion! !
Every thing was expectacular, the tour started on time, they were so kind and the capitan made all what was under his hands so we can saw lot of whales and also dolphines. Also the explanetion was great.
We were at the end of the season, and didn't see any whales, so we were given a "Whalecheck" (good for another cruise). We went again the next day and we were privledged to see a Blue Whale. Great staff. Great boat. Great tour. Had a blast (both days). Looking forward to our next whale adventure.
Fantastic! We were lucky and picked the perfect day for weather and whale watching. We saw hundreds of dolphins swimming along the boat and then 2 humpback whales - the boat was extremely silent. It was an experience we will never forget!
Great trip! Well organized, getting to and onto the boat was very easy. Parking is a little tight near the dock but we parked at the USS Midway (paid for 4 hrs) and made it back just in time. We were lucky and saw several whales on our trip, but even if that hadn't happened, we still would have enjoyed it. The captain was entertaining and informative, the ship was comfortable, and the views were outstanding. I highly recommend this trip - even if the whales don't cooperate, it's a great time.
Our Captain was excellent! What a wonderful morning to watch any number of whales, and a dolphin pod numbering in the hundreds. We were most fortunate. Thank you!
I loved it! The captain and crew were great, and the whales were magnificent. The only thing that I did not like was the captain petitioning for tips at the end of the trip. Overall, I am very satisfied.
Loved every minute of it. Saw whales, had fun and would definitely do it again. Thanks for a good time.