- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy an idyllic kayaking and hiking adventure on Kauai’s Wailua River. Paddle down the tranquil river and admire the lush jungle landscapes on shore. Your guide will lead you on a hike to a remote waterfall, where you can soak in the splendor of this peaceful and picturesque spot. Go for a swim in the pool and the streams that lead from the waterfall before heading back to your starting point. A deli lunch is also included.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Lunch included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Scrumptious, mouth watering deli sandwiches (turkey, roast beef, ham, salami, or vegetarian)
- Guide(s) State certified and trained in water safety.
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) i.e. life preservers.
- Double sit on top kayaks
- Water resistant bags
- Walking sticks
- Chips, tropical fruit and cookies
- Refreshments of tropical juices, sodas and bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
3-5971 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaʻa, HI 96746, USA
Returns to original departure point
Explore the east side of Kauai as you kayak down the Wailua River, Kauai’s only navigable river for boats larger than kayaks. This 20-mile-long (32-km) river once wove through seven different ancient temples and is considered one of Hawaii’s two most sacred places. As you paddle down the river with your partner in a double kayak, take in views of the expansive, untamed landscape.
After kayaking for 45 minutes, hop out of your kayak and follow your guide on a 1-mile (1.6-km) hike through the dense forest to a remote, 200-foot (60-meter) waterfall surrounded by flowers, brooks and ferns. Stand in awe as you watch the water cascade down into a pool, and cool off by taking a dip in the water!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- WHAT TO BRING:
- Sun protection
- Light shirt
- Bathing suit
- Footwear for a trail that can be muddy at times (aqua socks or tennis shoes)
- Towel and change of clothes
- The tour is doable by most people in average shape. If for any reason the paddle and/or hike portion is not accomplished by individuals,
- there is no refund.
- Please note
- in the special requirements box your sandwich choice (turkey, roast beef, ham or veggie). Vegan and/or gluten free requests can be accommodated. Please be sure to notate if you require a vegan or gluten free meal.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.