- 6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visit three wineries in Napa Valley’s northern regions of Calistoga and St Helena on the Napa Valley Wine Trolley! Traveling on a motorized replica of a historic San Francisco cable car, you’ll head north of Yountville to Castello di Amorosa, a winery modeled after a 13th-century Tuscan castle that you can tour. Then visit two more premium wineries, and enjoy a picnic-style lunch from the Girl and the Fig. A knowledgeable guide will provide fun facts and information about Napa’s famous wines.
Must be 21 years or older to take this tour.
- Transport by open-air trolley
- Live commentary on board
- 2-hour castle tour and 1 tasting
- Lunch including bottled water
- Pick-up from San Francisco is NOT included
- Tasting fees at 2 wineries ($20-$30 per winery)
Sonoma County, Sonoma County, California
Returns to original departure point
DAILY, Sunday through Saturday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yountville Park, Washington St. at Madison St., Yountville, CA
After pickup from your designated meeting point in Yountville, your Napa Valley Wine Trolley tour takes you north on Highway 29, the scenic St Helena Highway. Make yourself comfortable in the open-air motorized trolley, and listen to commentary from your guide as you enjoy the fresh air and vineyard views during the drive up to the St Helena and Calistoga areas. After about 30 minutes, you’ll reach your first of three wineries, Castello di Amorosa.
Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the winery, including the medieval-style Tuscan castle, and then enjoy a wine tasting of varietals like pinot noir, sangiovese or award-winning chardonnay. (Note: This tasting ONLY is included.)
Next, head to Clos Pegase Estate, a "must visit" destination for those seeking a tranquil environment to enjoy renowned architecture and world-class wine. The winery design was completed by acclaimed architect Michael Graves 1987 and includes the iconic building, the idyllic grounds, and unique caves. Midday, you will enjoy lunch catered by French-bistro The Girl & the Fig in one of the various areas at the winery. Savor a buffet of sandwiches, side salads, and desserts, served family style so you can pick and choose among tasty offerings.
After a delicious wine tasting and lunch, hop back on the trolley for one more stop at another Napa valley winery. Since there are so many wineries in Napa, we keep this winery as an every changing rotation of the many eclectic wineries and tasting rooms that Napa has to offer.
Your tour ends with the trolley ride back down valley.
Pass By: Napa Valley Wine Trolley, 1754 2nd St Suite B1, Napa, CA 94559-2451
Admission is free
Pass By: Oakville Grocery, 7856 St Helena Hwy, Oakville, CA 94562-9200
Visit Oakville Grocery
Pass By: Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park, 3369 St Helena Hwy No., St. Helena, CA 94574
A visit to Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park
Pass By: Beringer Vineyards, 2000 Main St, St. Helena, CA 94574-9500
Visit to Beringer Vineyards
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 21 years
- No consumption of alcoholic beverages is allowed while riding the trolley
- Pickup and drop-off is available for select Napa hotels only, see below; if you require this service, please note in the Special Requirements box at time of booking
- You MUST advise any specific dietary requirements in the Special Requirements box at time of booking
- Jackets and rain protection are recommended in the winter months
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Napa Valley Wine Trolley operates “Rain or Shine” year-round. However, if there is a chance of rain, high winds, or unforeseen mechanical problems, we may have to substitute the trolley for a mini-bus. The Napa Valley Wine Trolley reserved the right to substitute or change tour stops at any time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- The Trolley departs V Marketplace at 10:15 sharp. Do not be late.
- Foreign language guides offered with notice: Spanish, French and Mandarin. Please contact the supplier directly after booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.