- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
A visit to Haleakala at dawn is one of the top things to do on Maui—if not all of Hawaii—and on a guided bike tour, you can enjoy this experience in an active way. Watch the sunrise from atop the 10,023-foot (3,055-meter) volcano, admire the volcanic crater, and then bike 26 miles (42 km) from Haleakala National Park all the way down to the ocean at Paia Bay. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
- Family friendly
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of Columbia Sportswear windbreaker jacket
- Use of helmet and chrome cruiser bike
- Entry/Admission - Haleakala Crater
Most Maui hotels, not including East Maui hotels, residential and hostel accommodations or Air BnB's located within a residential area
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point between 11am and 12pm (times vary depending on the season)
Your tour begins with pickup in the very early morning from hotels in Maui resort areas such as Wailea, Kaanapali, and Kapalua for the drive up to the summit of Haleakala inside Haleakala National Park (before starting the drive, enjoy coffee, juice, and snacks while listening to a safety briefing about your bike tour).
During the van ride to the top of the volcano, your tour guide tells you about the history of Haleakala, its geology, and the rare plants and animals found only on Maui. Upon arrival at the House of the Sun Visitor Center, you will be escorted to the rim of Haleakala Crater for a view into one of the world's largest dormant volcanoes. Watch the sunrise, and then head down to a level of 6,500 feet (1,981 meters) to begin your bike tour; you'll be fitted with a bicycle and helmet by your guide.
Pedal downhill, riding along switchbacks, through Haleakala Ranch, and past Kula. Continue through the towns of Makawao and Paia, and finally reach the Pacific coast at Paia Bay Beach Park.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Maximum 13 per booking allowed
- Weight restrictions apply; maximum weight is 280 lbs
- Minimum height required is 5 feet
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.