- 1 hour 15 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Soak in unbeatable views of Southern Maui on this thrilling 75-minute helicopter charter tour! Flying over Southern Maui and all the way up to the impressive dormant volcano Haleakela with a quick landing at our private cliffside location, you will be treated to unobstructed 180-degree views of lush rain forests, sea cliffs and cascading waterfalls.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Professional pilot-guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Flight recording on USB
Returns to original departure point
Daily Morning departures between 8am and 11am or Afternoon departures between 2pm and 5pm. You must call the local operator prior to travel date to confirm exact departure time. Supplier contact info will be provided on with your confirmation.
Check-in 30 mins prior to departure.
Make your way to Kahului heliport on Maui at least 30 minutes before your chosen departure time. The heliport is located at 1 Keolani Pl #110, Kahului, HI 96732.
After a short orientation, climb into the helicopter with your private pilot and take off for a scenic, 75-minute flight over southern Maui. Be sure to have your camera ready for views of the beaches, cliffs, and jungles. Marvel at sweeping views of the dormant Haleakala volcano, then touch down at a private cliffside location. This is a great opportunity to celebrate special occasions with a loved one.
Take off again to fly over the Hana rain forest, as well as some canyons and waterfalls, before returning to the airport.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- All passenger names & weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Under representation of body weight may result in cancellation at check-in with no refund.
- Weight Restrictions: Due to FAA regulations, all passengers and bags must be weighed at check-in. For each passenger weighing 240 pounds or more, or combined weights of 420 lbs per couple an additional seat must be purchased. This is for the safety and comfort of all passengers. It is important to provide accurate body weight at checkout.This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour. All passengers will be weighed upon check-in.
- It is recommend that all passengers wear dark clothing to help have less reflection in the windows when flying and therefore you can get better photos during your tour
- Not wheelchair Accessible. There is no wheelchair lift to accommodate wheelchair passengers nor can the staff personally/physically assist people into the helicopter
- Flight routes & sights may vary due to weather
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
This was my first helicopter ride...exciting! Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate. It was a very overcast day. We were offered the options of either rescheduling, or getting a refund, or flying a slightly altered route with a beach landing instead of the cliff side landing. Since we were from a cruise, we were locked into this time frame. So we chose the altered route. One other couple rode with us. I felt very safe in the helicopter, although it was cramped and hot. The beach landing was excitingl. And it was on the island of Molokai! This was my only opportunity to see Molokai. It was very lush and beautiful. I gave this excursion a 4 out of 5 since the helicopter was small and hot. But it really was a very nice ride!
This tour was awesome and landing cliff side was so cool. Captain Kirk was awesome. Highly recommend.
The flight was just so amazingly breathtaking, taking off from the airport and flying up alongside Haleakala and learning about the history and towns was just draw dropping and to then fly past the science centres and craters, unbelievable! The cliffside landing was a great break in the journey and being able to talk to the pilot and learn a little bit about him and the island was great. The best was yet to come though flying over the rainforest and waterfalls following the rim of the island. Just stunning! I really loved every second and found it to be excellent value for money. Thank you!
Very professional, Cameron our pilot was really good and thorough. We had a 5 year old and a first timer me and all enjoyed it thoroughly. We will do this again!
Highly recommend this tour. Our pilot was very knowledgeable and funny. Everything was very well organized. The cliffside landing was really special. Was on the ground for about 15 minutes taking pics of the gorgeous private coastline. I forgot that Haleakala was 10,000 ft in elevation, so I was struggling a bit with the altitude, but we weren't up there too long for it to cause issues for me. The views of the rainforest waterfalls were stunning. You wouldn't be able to see them unless you were in the air looking down.
We had amazing weather and saw the spectacular waterfalls from above. This trip was so amazing that we said forget driving the Road to Hana and did other stuff instead.
Excellent tour, pilot and staff were very nice and very helpful Air Maui. We had a beautiful day and a great time. Highly recommend. The private tour was worth the for us and very comfortable since there were only 3 of us. Only caution I would offer is six adults will be cramped this is obvious when booking in the helicopter, so I'd consider this an ideal trip for up to 4 adults only small children making up to 6 people will be fine
Fantastic. Pilot was very friendly and gave us a first class commentary on the sights and history of Maui. The "pit-stop" on the mountainside was excellent, the food was first class and much more than expected. The view was fantastic, could have sat there all day. Would recommend this tour to anyone.
My boyfriend and I book this helicopter tour for our first trip to Maui! We were looking for something a bit different from the standard one hour tour and this Private Tour was just what we were looking for! It was both of our first time on a helicopter and from the time that Dave (our pilot) set off from the airport to the moment we touched back down we were not let down! It was the absolute highlight of our trip and the stop at Virginia's Place was amazing!! The food, was divine and the view... outstanding! We both would highly recommend this trip with Air Maui to anyone wanting that special view and trip around one of the most amazing spots in the world!! Thank you so much Dave, Virginia, and the staff at Air Maui for making our trip that much more special!!