- 4 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Head north from New York City to experience the best of the Niagara Falls, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Amish Country. Relax in a climate-controlled coach or van on this exciting 4-day guided tour of the most popular destinations in the North East. All hotel accommodations included.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- 3 night hotel including tax and Continental Breakfast
- Sightseeing in Niagara Falls
- Wifi on bus only
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Gray Line Visitor's Center
Returns to original departure point at approximately 7pm-8pm at the end of the tour on the fourth day
NEW YORK – FINGER LAKES – NIAGARA FALLS
We depart from the Big Apple heading north where we will pass the beautiful Delaware Water Gap to Watkins Glen State Park in the heart of the Finger Lakes region. Walk through Watkins Glen Canyon to visit the beautiful waterfalls and then continue to Niagara Falls passing Seneca Lake, arriving in the late afternoon (winter itinerary goes to Montour Falls instead of Watkins Glen State Park). Tour the US side of Niagara including the American Falls, Goat Island and Luna Island. At night enjoy Niagara Falls where we can appreciate the colorful lighting of the waters.
Overnight: Niagara Falls – Wyndham Super 8
NIAGARA FALLS – NEW JERSEY
Leaving the hotel, hear the thundering water of Niagara Falls. See the magnificent Horse Shoe Falls up close and experience the power aboard the Maid of the Mist (May-October). During winter until April when the Maid of the Mist is closed we tour the Scenic Tunnels.
At noon, we depart south to New York State. On the way to New York, enjoy a shopping excursion at one of the large outlet malls along the way, find your own bargain with brand name stores for less.
Evening arrival to our hotel in New Jersey – La Quinta Inn & Suites, Clifton, NJ
NEW JERSEY – PHILADELPHIA – WASHINGTON DC
Depart from New Jersey to Pennsylvania and to the city of brotherly love Philadelphia. Arriving in the historic area of Philadelphia we visit the famous Liberty Bell, one of the symbols of freedom in America, Constitution square and Congress Hall. Stroll Elfreth’s alley the oldest continuously inhabited street in America. Continue on a panoramic tour of Philadelphia that includes the financial district, Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Historic Philadelphia and more. Departing Philadelphia we see the famous “Rocky Steps”, then continue north to Lancaster county home of the Amish people. Ride on an authentic Amish Buggy through the Amish farm country and learn how they live without the benefit of modern technology, no electricity, running water, telephone service, or appliances. After the ride we visit the Amish marketplace where we can shop for handmade arts crafts and products. We depart then for DC where will have our overnight at: Wyndham Garden, Washington DC.
WASHINGTON DC – NEW YORK
Start the day with a visit of Thomas Jefferson Memorial, by the Tidal Basin, surrounded with famous Japanese cherry blossom trees. Visit the Arlington National Cemetery, the changing of the guard and the Kennedy family gravesite.
Next stop is Capitol Hill. See the US Capitol and the White House to understand the core of the US government. Continue to the Air and Space Museum before visiting the Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Korea and Vietnam Memorials.
In the late afternoon, we depart north for an evening arrival in New York.
• 3 nights hotel including tax and Continental Breakfast
• Air conditioned Bus or Van & Professional Tour Guide
• Sightseeing in Niagara Falls, Philadelphia and Washington DC and Amish Country
• Admission to the Maid of the Mist (Summer) or Scenic Tunnels (Winter)
• Amish Buggy Ride
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Hotel Accommodations: Wyndham Super 8 Hotel, La Quinta Inn & Suites, and Wyndham Garden. Please note specific hotels mentioned not guaranteed
- Maximum of three people per room. If traveling with a party of 4 or more, or desire to have separate rooms please make separate bookings
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- All passengers are required to have proper identification when entering or leaving the United States. For entry to Canada, it is the passenger’s responsibility to make sure in advance that visa requirements are met
- Passengers without the proper travel documents to cross and enter Canada can still join this tour. In such event, the passenger will remain at the hotel on the United States side of the Falls and will not join any part of the tour that will take place in the Canadian territory. You will be able to join the boat ride on the Maid of the Mist as this departs from the American side of the Falls. You will get to see the American Falls and the Canadian Falls from the boat. During the winter months, when the Maid of the Mist is not operating, you will be able to walk to the Falls on your own. There are no substitute attractions on the America side of the Falls. Outlet shopping is located on the American side and does not require a Canadian visa or passport
- Montour Falls will replace Watkins Glenn Park during winter months when it is inaccessible
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Luggage is limited to one piece and a small carry on per person
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Sigh. The locations and sites on this tour were excellent. Some of the views in Niagara were breathtaking and the buildings in Washington had very significant historical meaning for American history. The tour guides were somewhat knowledgeable and engaging however when they digressed off their scripts it would largely involve political jokes about the sitting president, Donald Trump. As a young foreigner it wasn't really a big deal, but cmon guys if you are going to make jokes at least try to say them without tears in your eyes. I would laugh if it wasn't so sad.