- 1 hour (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Discover our world beneath the waves with Atlantis Submarines Kona! Our battery-powered submarines are the world’s most technologically advanced passenger submarines. A special added bonus of this tour experience is also seeing the spectacular Kona coastline while riding our shuttle boat to our submarine dive site.
Dive 100 feet below the surface and experience Kona’s marine mysteries, highlighted by a magnificent and pristine 25-acre natural coral reef garden created by an ancient lava flow. The Kona dive site is frequented by fascinating marine life such as stingray, yellow tang, eel and parrotfish. See also firsthand how sunken ships have combined with Mother Nature to create self-sustaining habitats that attract and feed marine life off the shores of Kona.
Our comfortable, air-conditioned submarine interior offers large viewing portals that allow you to relax and enjoy the wonders of the deep. Don’t miss out on one of the most insightful eco-adventures on the island of Hawaii!
- Hotel pickup and drop off (only if option selected with booking)
- Sightseeing shuttle to submarine dive site
- Submarine dive aboard the 48-passenger submarine
- Complete professional narration. Audio narration is also available in Japanese.
- Atlantis Souvenir Dive Log (additional costs)
- All taxes and fees
75-5660 Palani Rd, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Normura Village 68-1270 S Kaniku Dr, Waimea, HI 96743
Returns to original departure point
The Big Island got its start 18,000 years ago when lava flowed into the ocean and created one of the most magnificent coral reefs found anywhere in the Hawaiian Islands.
It's this natural "garden" of coral, and the Hawaiian marine life and reef fish - BIG and small - who call it home that makes this submarine tour experience such an unforgettable journey into the deep ocean.
Your Atlantis Submarine Kona adventure takes you on an unforgettable 50-minute journey aboard an Atlantis 48-passenger submarine, as featured in National Geographic television specials. You'll explore a huge natural coral reef and its marine inhabitants!
A new adventure awaits you at depths up to 100 feet (30 meters). Enjoy the amazing view in air-conditioned comfort and safety of a Big Island submarine.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All tours are in English. Headsets providing narration in Japanese are available upon request
- Children must be 36 inches tall or taller to ride the submarine
- Passengers must be capable of ascending and descending a near vertical ladder to board the submarine
- Actual underwater tour time is 45 minutes. Shuttle boat ride from the pier to the submarine and transfer is 10 minutes each way
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.