- 4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
During your time on Kauai, enjoy a three-hour guided kayak and snorkel tour along the picturesque Hanalei River and in Hanalei Bay, which is home to the beautiful Bay Reef Lagoon. Admire the dramatic Makana Peak (Bali Hai) and get up close to tropical reef fish. As you kayak along the river, you’ll be surrounded by lush trees and diverse wildlife. Learn about the flora and fauna of the surrounding area from your naturalist guide, and enjoy a snorkel in the turquoise waters of the lagoon.
- All necessary equipment included
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
- State-certified guide (s) trained in water safety
- Personal flotation device (PFD)
- Tandem (double) kayak
- Snorkel gear
- Water-resistant bag
- Tropical juices and bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
3-5971 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaʻa, HI 96746, USA
Returns to original departure point
Daily except Sunday
On this three-hour guided tour on Kauai, enjoy the great Hawaiian outdoors as you kayak along the scenic Hanalei River towards Hanalei Bay where you then snorkel in Bay Reef Lagoon. Take in the spectacular views of Makana Peak (Bali Hai) and learn about the fire-throwing ceremonies associated with the mountain from your guide. You’ll also admire the same gorgeous panoramas seen in the 1958 movie South Pacific, which was filmed on Kauai.
Jump in your double kayak and paddle with your partner down the Hanalei River toward the scenic Hanalei Bay, home to the snorkeler's paradise -- Bay Reef Lagoon. Drift past taro fields and tall grasses that dance with the wind. Bask in the warm sunshine and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere. After paddling for 45 minutes, arrive on shore and enjoy a complimentary snack while you take a break on the beautiful white-sand beach.
Then don your provided snorkeling gear and follow your guide out into the lagoon, where you’ll discover colorful reefs and fish. Keep an eye out for Hawaiian sea turtles! If you’re feeling adventurous, grab a surf kayak and paddle the gentle waves of Hanalei Bay. This perfectly shaped crescent bay is one of Hawaii’s most scenic, and it affords a perfect view of Makana Peak.
Finish your tour by kayaking back to your starting point, from where you’ll ride with your group back to the tour departure location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring the following items: sun protection, light shirt, bathing suit, footwear for the beach (tabis, aqua socks or tennis shoes), towel and change of clothes
- Please include your choice of lunch: Ham, Turkey, Salami, Roast Beef, or Veggie Sandwich
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.