- 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This 2.5-hour Charleston food walking tour features the area surrounding City Market in the historic downtown district. Learn about Charleston's history as you enjoy tastings of traditional favorites and contemporary innovations, all of which highlight the cuisine of locally owned restaurants. With a guide, you'll visit at least four eateries that provide samples of Lowcountry dishes.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small-group tour
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All pre-selected food tastings @ 4 restaurants (meal for most)
- Water & fountain beverages
- City-certified guide
- Alcoholic/speciality beverages (available for purchase at most locations)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1: Poogan's Smokehouse, 188 E Bay St #201, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
2: Eli's Table, 129 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
1: Kaminsky's, 78 N Market St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
2: Blind Tiger Pub, 36-38 Broad St, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
3: Toast, 155 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
4: Blossom, 171 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
5: Carmella's, 198 E Bay St #100, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
After meeting your foodie guide at the first restaurant location in downtown Charleston, you will begin your walking tour and visit 3-4 restaurants, where you'll sample dishes at each, and then a final stop for dessert. Each visit lasts 20 to 30 minutes, and you'll be seated to rest your legs. For most people, the amount of food served is enough for a meal. As you enjoy walking through this historical section of the city, listen to stories about Charleston's culture and cuisine from your guide, who points out landmarks along your route. This wonderful experience will end within walking distance of your starting point.
*Please advise about
Allergies in the (
Special Requirements section) during check out!
*Dietary restrictions need to be communicated at least 24 hours in advance to be accommodated
*Unfortunately we can not accommodate Vegan, Dairy Free or Soy Free diets
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Allergies must be communicated directly to Charleston Culinary Tours at least *24 hours* before your scheduled tour.
- Day-of notice for dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated as all tastings are prepared in advance to create a streamlined dining experience.
- Vegan, dairy/lactose, & soy restrictions cannot be adequately accommodated. Guests with multiple allergies should contact Charleston Culinary Tours prior to booking to confirm accommodation.
- We cannot assume responsibility for those with severe allergies.
- We make every effort to provide a full meal for all guests, however, substitutions may not be 1-for-1 with regular tour offerings.
- We craft our tours to represent the unique aspects of each venue and neighborhood. Unfortunately, there isn’t always a “next best” option that also meets a special dietary need. Since we have your health, taste buds, and overall experience in mind, we truly appreciate your understanding on this issue.
- We recommend weather-appropriate attire and comfortable walking shoes.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Tours operate rain or shine, hot or cold. In the rare cases of EXTREME weather (e.g. Hurricane!), we will notify all guests of cancellations in advance.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- We try to make our tours as accessible as possible, however some routes are better suited than others. Please reach out to Charleston Culinary Tours directly with any questions or concerns about wheelchair, stroller, or service animal accessibility.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
This tour is a great way to sample delicious food from select local restaurants while getting a little Charleston history/trivia as a side dish. Our tour guide ‘Hoon’ was a gifted story teller and generously shared his local knowledge! This was great fun!
Dustin was great... he is an original and made everything fun. Food was great too... would be nice if umbrellas were provided. :)
The guide was awesome. Very knowledgable and entertaining. The food was fabulous. Would definitely recommend.
This tour was everything I wanted from a culinary food tour. We ate so much amazing food and it met and exceeded my expectations Our guide was great too
This your will not disappoint! There are four stops, three have food, the last is dessert. It takes 2.5 hrs and you get a lot of history about the food, chefs, Charleston, and more! Patrick was our tour guide and he was amazing. Sixth generation Charstonian, he knew his stuff! Must do to get a taste around town.
This is a really great tour. We tried four really different and delicious restaurants,Our guide Mimi knew so much Charleston history as well as a knowledge and passion for southern food and Charleston restaurants. We got to try a nice variety of dishes, this was a wonderful couple of hours for me and my kids. I highly recommend this tour.
Really loved the food and the tour guide Hoon Calhoun for his amusing stories. We ended up returning to one of the restaurants we visited on the tour for dinner Eli's table.
Had a wonderful time
Guide Mr. Calhoun was like the best storyteller since my Irish uncle .What a story teller ! Made the day.
Food was great at every stop.
Best value for money anywhere in Charleston.
Yesterday, we took this food tour, and we were stuffed when we were done. At stop one, we had pork rinds and barbeque chicken/pork. There were 3 different sauces to try as well. Next, we had lighter food. Buessel sprouts, truffle fries, and jalopeno hush puppies were delicious. The 3rd stop was the favorite. We had chickeh/waffles, pumpkin pancakes, and shrimp/grits. The shrimp and grits were one of the best ever. Barely walking, we headed for 4 different desserts. Along the way, Patrick was telling us the history of the area with funny stories from his childhood. I highly recommend this tour.
We visited 5 eateries. Experienced different ways of cooking, some were unusual delights. A big bonus was a book of recipes.
Highly recommend this tour! Amazing food and great information. I suggest doing this tour early in your trip so that you have lots of good information going into choosing restaurants throughout your stay! Well worth every penny! Also DO NOT eat anything before you take this tour. There will be LOTS of food!
Highly recommend this tour. So much great food will not be hungry or disappointed and history all at the same time. Our guide was extremely pleasant knowledgeable and true foodie. Best money spent in Charleston ! Would do this again.
The Downtown Charleston Culinary Tour did not disappoint in any aspect. Glen was our tour guide, and was exceptional in his detail and organization of the tour. Four old friends travelled from different parts of the country to reconnect, and this tour started us out with a bang. We couldn't decide which food we liked best, it was all so enjoyable. We were able to agree that Glen is great at his job, and really seems to enjoy his work. Hope to be back soon!
Much more than we expected! Glenn told wonderful stories as we walked past restaurants to our "eating" destinations. Given much more than a small sample at each location enabling us to enjoy as much Charleston food as possible! Take the tour early in your trip so you can plan for the best!
a great tour the best amazing food and good knowledge of the city- go earlt then if you like places you can return .......
A very, very worthwhile experience. Though I have been to Charleston and eaten in dozens of its restaurants, this tour provided so much more information, good food and just plain fun that I highly recommend it to new or old visitors. The restaurants were great, the food was universally delicious and the information provided amazing BUT it is Glenn who makes the whole thing work. He is one of the most knowledgeable and conscientious guides you will ever meet. Do this!
Despite the heavy rain before and during our culinary tour with Glenn, it was truly memorable. He is amazing and his choices for restaurants were considerate since the weather was not conducive for a walking tour. In Downtown Charleston, restaurants are on top of one another so you do not have to go far but his choices were great. We even went back to Kaminsky's for chocolate martinis the next day when it was not raining.