- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Your arrival, into the middle of a lava field, might almost seem like a moon landing. Lava, now solidified, created the wave-like, rippled fields that spread out almost as far as the eye can see. Along the western coast of the island, the landscape changes dramatically. There will be a stop at Royal Kona Coffee in the midst of the coffee-growing region. It’s a remarkable place of organic beauty. The lush coffee bean trees seem to spring up among the other island foliage. The area also overlooks Kealakekua Bay, offering spectacular views of its pristine waters.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Excellent value for money
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or by air-conditioned minivan
- Hawaii Grand Circle Island Tour is operating on a Modified Itinerary due to volcanic activity on Hawaii Island. Subject to change without notice at any time. See Activity Details for more info.
- Entry/Admission - Nahuku - Thurston Lava Tube
- Entry/Admission - Rainbow Falls
- Entry/Admission - Parker Ranch
- Entry/Admission - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Entry/Admission - Thomas A. Jaggar Museum
Tour originates out of Kona and pick-up are from Kona area hotels. Guests must ensure that the tour company has their hotel information 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour.
Kona Area Hotel Pickups: 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hawaii Grand Circle Island Modified Itinerary – Subject to change without notice at any time due to volcanic activity on Hawaii Island.
* Pu’u Kohola Heiau*- Share in the history of the beginning stages of the Hawaiian
Kingdom and walk in the footsteps of a King.
* Hamakua Macadamia Nut Farm *Spacious setting featuring Hawaiian-grown macadamia nuts, gourmet coffee & island specialty items.
* Akaka Falls * A magnificent waterfall with a 443 foot plunge into a stream-eroded gorge.
* Imiloa Sky Garden* – Lunch on Own
* Big Island Candies* A true taste of the islands that include the world renowned Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookie
* Lili’uokalani Gardens – drive-by
* King Kamehameha Statue*
* Rainbow Falls State Park* The falls cascade 80 feet over a lava cave and where rainbows are often seen.
* Return to Kona via Saddle Road
• Hamakua Macadamia Nut Farm: a spacious setting featuring Hawaiian-grown macadamia nuts, gourmet coffee & island specialty items.
• Parker Ranch: one of the oldest ranches in the US and one of the largest cattle ranches in the nation.
• Hamakua Coast: home to lush tropical rain forests, beautiful waterfalls and breathtaking coastline views.
• Rainbow Falls State Park: the falls cascade 80 feet over a lava cave and where rainbows are often seen.
• Big Island Candies: a true taste of the islands that include the world-renowned chocolate dipped macadamia nut shortbread cookie.
• Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: home to one of the world’s most active volcano, Kilauea, along with lava tubes, volcanic craters and more.
• Jaggar Museum and Hawaii Volcano Observatory: discover volcanology, geologic displays and see how authorities monitor Hawaii's active volcanoes
• Volcanic Steam Vents: witness the steam coming out of the cracks in the ground in a grassy field.
• Crater Rim Drive: experience the extreme as you take a drive around Kilauea’s caldera from the rain forest to the desert-like surroundings.
• Fern Tree Jungle: take in the beauty of the various ferns plants and trees in the unspoiled environment as it must have looked to the ancient Hawaiians.
• Kilauea Iki Overlook Crater: one of the most spectacular view in the entire park is from this 400-foot (120-meter) high crater.
• Thurston Lava Tube: experience walking through a 500-year-old lava tube where molten lava once flowed, exiting into a lush tropical rainforest.
• Punaluu Black Sand Beach: this famous picturesque black sand beach is an unforgettable site where 'Honu' (Hawaiian sea turtles) often enjoy the sun.
• Kona Coffee Plantations: behold the panoramic farms growing the highly sought after and exclusively-grown gourmet Kona coffee beans.
• Kealeakekua Bay Overlook: take in the panoramic views of the bay where the first westerner, Captain James Cook, landed on the Hawaiian Islands.
• Kailua-Kona: discover the first capital after King Kamehameha I unified the islands, and once home to many Hawaiian 'Ali`I' (royalty).
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- ADA ACCESSIBLE:
- Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service. We will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of the disabled traveler.
- For electric wheelchairs or scooters: The combined weight of the wheelchair and guest cannot exceed 500 lbs, the maximum width of the wheelchair cannot exceed 29 inches.
- Not all stops on this tour are ADA accessible
- Thurston Lava Tube is not ADA accessible
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Tour departs from Kona
- Sturdy, covered walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a light jacket, and dress comfortably.
- Lunch available for purchase at Sky Garden restaurant, Imiloa Astronomy Center.
- No guaranteed sighting of active lava flows.
- Your safety and comfort are our #1 priority. Tour features can change daily as we cannot predict weather and lava viewing conditions. We do not guarantee sighting of lava flows. Surface lava flows may be present but may not be visible due to environmental conditions or time constraints. If conditions permit, walking/hiking on rough, uneven lava surfaces is involved.
- Locations/Routes may be modified due to National Park Advisories.
- Sugar-Free treats available for purchase at the Big Island Candies Factory.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Had a great day on the tour, our driver was fabulous and his local knowledge made the tour fabulous. Worth every penny and would recommend this tour.
Driver was very knowledgeable, almost like listening to a university professor with a double degree in Hawaiian history and geology as he was telling about history and vulcanos. Very impressive. Talk about value for money! A great way to get a feeling for the island.
Its amazing tour! Lots of interesting stop over.The driver is so informative.The weather did not cooperate with us, Raining and foggy. But I still enjoyed it Met interesting people.
This experience was absolutely breathtaking from the moment we took off. The weather was a little iffy so we received a bonus with our pilot Greg O, taking us a different route. We saw waterfalls, hidden valley's, humpback whales, and the highlight of our excursion was the rivers of lava. It was well worth the price.
Patti P from the great State of Ohio
Our tour driver Lincoln was amazing! We did have a rainy day so we could not see the volcano. We went to a macadamia farm-free samples, coffee farm and Chocolate factory! Saw hot steam pockets coming out of the ground and the black Sand beach with lots of sea turtles! Lincoln gave a lot of history the whole trip. But remember to take a rain coat! It sprinkles or mist a lot!!
Our guide's name was Lincoln and he was amazing! He has 41 years of experience guiding this tour! So knowledgeable and friendly. We spent about 11 hours with him and he took good care of us. We stopped at Volcano National Park, the Hamakua Macadamia Nut Farm, Big Island Candies, Rainbow Falls, and had a nice buffet lunch on the west side of the island. He pointed out many points of interest and slowed down or stopped the bus for us to take photos. This tour was one of the highlights of our Big Island experience. We did it the first full day we were there and it gave us a flavor of the island and what it has to offer. A big thumbs up!
Absolutely a Fantastic Tour. Prompt Pick Up, Clean Bus. Our Tour Guide Harvey Haimoto from Roberts Tours was beyond Exceptional. Super Knowledgeable and He Treated us like Ohona from the moment he picked us up. Dont miss this Tour and ask for Harvey. You wont be disappointed.
The tour was amazing and our driver really made it a lot of fun for everyone.
We enjoyed our tour. Dean our driver was very nice. He was ontime and kept us ontime. We were impressed with the smorgasbord lunch in Hilo! Very good. Our favorite stop was at the black sand beach.We saw lots of sea turtles. It was a long day. But it went by quick. Thanks Dean for a great day!
this was great. Lincoln was fabulous and very entertaining. be sure to take this tour and ask for Lincoln's. we loved it!
This was a super long day filled with shopping, history, and site seeing. Our guide was Harvey. He is extremely knowledgeable and funny. We had a party of 10 and needed handicap assistance. This tour was very accommodating and patient. We loved to see the caldera and the black sand beach had sea turtles too!!
This was a delightful and fun trip. The tour guide was exceptional!!
Absolutely brilliant! A wonderful day and our driver, Harvey, made the experience so much more special with his knowledge and willingness to explain things along the way. A
Definately great to see some amazing things and get you an idea of what you want to spend some more time looking at in your personal time! Dean was an amazing guide with lots of knowledge of the island and local stories. I would recommend this company for the grand tour and it was really interesting! A
This tour was amazing! Our tour guide, Lincoln, was very informative and loved to tell stories of the island throughout the tour. Definitely recommend!
This all day, comprehensive tour was perfect to give us a feel for the island's sites and history. Our guide, Harvey, was extremely sweet, friendly, knowledgeable, and navigated around like a pro. The bus was very comfortable and the stops at each point were perfectly timed. This tour was a highlight of our trip and Harvey is a forever friend!
Lincoln, our driver and tour guide was so nice. I joined the tour alone but it was fun and educational! Thank you for a great big island experience