- 1 hour (Approx.)
Climb aboard the ‘Catalina Express’ ferry at either Downtown Landing in Long Beach or Catalina Sea and Air Terminal in San Pedro for round-trip service to Catalina Island. No matter where you depart from, you can expect awe-inspiring views of the Pacific Ocean on your trip. Torn between taking a day trip and doing an overnight stay? You can use your ticket anytime you like, making it easy to stay and explore what Catalina Island has to offer at your own pace!
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Likely to Sell Out
- Round-trip ferry service
- Brokerage fee (Child fares)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink (available for purchase)
- Parking (USD12 to USD15, based on departure point)
Travel available daily from Long Beach and San Pedro San Pedro travel not available November-March on Tuesdays and Thursdays Return point: Returns to original departure point booked, you will not be able to come into a different point Note: GPS devices do not recognize the address properly, please use Catalina Express, San Pedro, CA. Parking available at ports. Cost per day varies.
- 320 Golden Shore Long Beach, CA 90802
- Port of San Pedro, Berth 95 AKA Catalina Express, San Pedro, CA
Important: You will need to contact the local operator to book your departure time. Your ticket is not confirmed until then. You set up your return service with the local operator directly.
Check-in is 1-hour prior to departure time.Boarding is first come, first serve
- 320 Golden Shore, Long Beach, CA 90802, USA
- Catalina Express, 95 Berth, San Pedro, CA 90731, USA
September 6th to October 24th -
San Pedro/Avalon - 7 days a week
San Pedro/Two Harbors - 7 days a week
Long Beach/Avalon - 7 days a week
October 25th to April 6th -
San Pedro/Avalon - M, W, F, S, S
San Pedro/Two Harbors - M, W, F, S
Long Beach/Avalon - 7 days a week
Aboard the comfortable Catalina Express, sit back, relax and enjoy beautiful waterfront views on a 1-hour ride from Long Beach or San Pedro. You will be delivered to Avalon, the southernmost city of Los Angeles County. Once you disembark your ferry, you are a 5-minute walk from the downtown area. The pedestrian-friendly town regulates how many cars are allowed on the island, so much so that there is even a waiting list to own a car on the island! Stroll along the quiet, picturesque waterfront to enjoy shopping, dining, sightseeing and entertainment—all at your own pace. Depending on your schedule, check out what the Long Beach and San Pedro harbors have to offer. All food, drinks and activities are at your own expense.
Arrive in the heart of downtown at the Catalina Landing, next to the Aquarium of the Pacific. Want to grab a bite to eat before your ride? Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served at the Catalina Lounge, in addition to coffee, beer and wine. The nearby Catalina Deli dishes out sandwiches and other light snacks.
The ferry service operates daily (schedule varies by season) and accommodates bikes, surfboards and strollers, giving you flexibility to travel how you please.
You can arrive early in San Pedro, a part of the Los Angeles Port, to discover its rich maritime history. Visit landmarks such as the Vincent Thomas Bridge, the third longest suspension bridge in the state of California, as well as the Los Angeles Maritime Museum and the historic USS Iowa and SS Lane Victory ships.
When it’s time to depart for Catalina Island, hop on the ferry at the Catalina Sea and Air Terminal in San Pedro, which opened in summer 2012. The ferry schedule varies seasonally and accommodates bikes, surfboards and strollers, giving you flexibility to travel how you please.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Two (2) bags per person is allowed with a maximum of 50lbs (28kgs) per bag. Bags may not be larger than 37" x 23" x 23" (94cm x 58cm x 58cm)
- One (1) piece of carry-on luggage is allowed per person and must fit beneath your seat
- Restrooms are available on-board the ferry
- Maximum of ten (10) passengers per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.