- 1 day (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Spend a day in paradise on the Caribbean island of Grand Bahama, situated just 2.5 hours away from Fort Lauderdale. With this Same Day round-trip ferry ticket you’ll ride across the water aboard the ‘Balearia Caribbean.' On arrival in Freeport, you have all day to visit open-air markets, go shopping and dine at local restaurants, snorkel offshore, or simply soak up the sun on a sugar-white beach before returning to Fort Lauderdale that evening.
Day trip excursions available for purchase on board!!!!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Same-day round-trip fast ferry
- One carry-on (22"x18"x10"
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Parking, payable at the end of the trip
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities - optional
- Excursions & activities in the island
- Transportation to and from attractions/excursions
- Excess luggage charges or extra luggage (where applicable)
1800 SE 18th St
Returns to original departure point
Daily except Monday and Wednesday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida
The Balearia Caribbean conveniently departs from the Port Everglades cruise terminal in Fort Lauderdale. Arrive at Terminal 1 for an early morning check-in and pre-boarding inspection by customs 2 hours before your scheduled departure time.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Freeport Harbour, Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
Your round-trip ferry ticket to Grand Bahama arrives in Freeport Harbour after a 3.5-hour ride across the Caribbean Sea. On arrival, disembark for the day, with roughly 5 hours of free time to spend on the island situated off the Florida coast. Relax on the white-sand beaches or participate in plentiful water sports such as snorkeling, banana boat tours, or WaveRunner, paddleboat, and scooter rentals (own expense). Also, day passes available in any of our Partner's Resorts. When it’s time, re-board the vessel for the return passage to Port Everglades that evening. (For more details on our available Excursions and Day passes, please visit Reception on board).
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- A current VALID PASSPORT is required on the day of travel. All Visa Requirements (for non-US) are sole responsibility of the Traveler.
- Terminal doors will close 1 hour prior to departure; please arrive at 6am for check-in and pre-boarding inspection.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
The Bahamas were amazing...trip itself arranged by Viator was perfect..problems encountered were just with the boat itself..and staff attitude of tour organiser on board..insufficient seating due to staff cleaning seating areas while we were in the Bahamas causing limited seating on our return...groups could not sit together on the boat as the staff tour guide said that we could not sit in the area due to chemicals...but after many people complained they opened up the area...and no reason why we could not sit there. When I said that if there was insufficient seating they should not take reservations she said....no guarantee of seating together or otherwise, you just have to sit where you can.....there were families with children who understandingly did not want to sit apart....I suggested we sat upstairs..she said that's first class only....I asked to speak to a manager...she said he will say the same as me...a manager was called and the extra seating was reopened. I am a concierge in the local area...how can I recommend this trip if I know that my guests are going to be disrespected like this. On the outward journey seating was busy but addiquet...
Hej. Den upplevelse kan beskrivas närmare ordet mardröm. Vi haft vår tur den 5 jan 2018. Havet var mycket oroligt och INGEN meddelat oss om det. Tvärtom - personal såld på mat och dryck. Direkt efter gick de runt med kräkpåsar. Hälften av passagerare kräktes våldsamt under hela resan dit och tillbaka. VIATOR måste meddela folk om det innan turer säljas. Vi både kunde knappt återhämtas efter resan dit då kommit tid att åka tillbaka. Det var sämsta resa i mitt liv. Jag kommer att sprida rykte mellan läkarkollegor om det maximalt.
It was a great experience for my husband and I. The ferry was great except for the motion sickness that come with it. I strongly recommend motion sickness tablets to be taken at least an hour before your journey!
Other than that ENJOY
The island was Beautiful, we decided to head to Paradise Cove and snorkel. We swam up close with turtles, sting rays, lobster and hundreds of fish. The boat ride however, it's similar to a plane. The air con is absolutely blasting, we were freezing the whole way. Take a blanket and layer up.
the booking confirmation no terminal no signs no body to call or ask same with check in and out!Boat is dirty an expensive.
We paid €70ech for transport an all inclusivehotel for 4 hours on a beach (beach 20 mins away) the hotel and beachis nice but not much eles around don't go long and expensive day!
It was a nice ride. The ferry is a good size, holds about 700 people. Seats are all over. Get one so you can see the tv. The views outside are all of ocean. I wish there was as outside deck so you could search for the schools of dolphins. I'll do the trip again ... the price is great for this!!
Ilmastointi laivalla turhan kylmällä. Muuten nopea ja edullinen päiväreissu edestakaisin. Kannattaa ostaa laivalta bussikyyti keskustaan.
The ride there was very bumpy but it is hurricane season. Can't beat the price and the island was a great day trip/getaway.
not quite what I expected. The on boarding was fine down the jet bridge. Departing from the ship down stairs for a person with bad knees was not so great as well as boarding to return was not great at all.
overall Trip was ok.