- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Don’t miss Chicago’s famous sights and fabulous views on this award-winning small-group sightseeing tour of the city. Travel through Chicago with an expert guide on a comfortable minibus, stopping at iconic locations like the Willis (Sears) Tower, The Rookery in downtown Chicago (Frank Lloyd Wright architecture), Museum Campus (for the BEST skyline view), The Magnificent Mile, Lincoln Park, Gold Coast, Lake Shore Drive and more! Along the way, your guide will provide historical and informational commentary about the area and its beautiful attractions. The small-group atmosphere with maximum of 12 people ensures a more personal experience. The city tour ends at Millennium Park, home of the famous Cloud Gate sculpture, commonly referred to as "The Bean."
You also have the option to upgrade to include a 75-minute Architecture Cruise down the Chicago River! This popular open-top boat tour offers the perfect vantage point to admire the city’s renowned buildings.
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Local guide
- Three photo stops
- Transport by 12-passenger, air-conditioned minibus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off to most downtown Chicago hotels
- Architecture boat tour (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Shoreline Sightseeing
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour picks up from most downtown Chicago hotels.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
• If boat tour option is not selected, tour returns to original departure point
• If boat tour option is selected, you will be transported to the departure point for the boat tour. The boat returns to Michigan and Wacker. You will be responsible for transport to your hotel following the boat tour. Downtown hotels are located 1 mile or less from this location.
See the famous landmarks of Chicago on a small-group, 2-hour guided tour of the city! Riding comfortably in a temperature-controlled minibus with luxurious seats and oversized windows for excellent viewing, your guide will lead you through downtown and several Chicago neighborhoods, making postcard-worthy photo stops at Museum Campus (which boasts the best view of the Chicago skyline), at The Rookery (one of the first skyscrapers. The lobby was designed by legendary architect Frank Lloyd Wright) The Loop, along the Chicago River and at the Buckingham Fountain (seasonal).
As you admire the world's first skyscrapers of downtown Chicago, also known as ‘the Loop,’ and take in stunning views of Lake Michigan, your guide will provide historical and informational commentary and answer any questions you have. A drive through The Gold Coast (home of the original Playboy Mansion) and Lincoln Park round out the sights. This must-do city tour has won Chicago's Concierge Preferred award two years in a row.
Upgrade: For more sightseeing, this time by water, upgrade your tour to include a Chicago River Architecture Boat Tour! This 75-minute, open-top boat cruise provides an in-depth look at the architecture of Chicago, as well as the opportunity to learn about the role the river has played in the city’s history.
Chicago sights seen include:
• Lincoln Park
• The Loop
• Rush Street
• Chicago River
• Lincoln Park Zoo
• Museum Campus
• The Willis (Sears) Tower
• Millennium Park
• The Rookery
• Chicago Board of Trade
• The Magnificent Mile
• High Hefner's Original Playboy Mansion
• The Water Tower
• Navy Pier
• Chicago Cultural Center
• Art Institute of Chicago
• Buckingham Fountain
• Grant Park
• Route 66
Chicago sights seen include:
• The Loop, home of the theater district and the world's very first skyscrapers
• Willis Tower, tallest office building in North America
• Chicago Board of Trade, statue of Ceres, Goddess of Grain*
• The Rookery, 1886 skyscraper. You'll go inside to see the Frank Lloyd Wright designed lobby*
• Wacker Drive, parallels the Chicago river for great views of: The Wrigley Building (the beautiful building that chewing gum built); Marina City (think beginning of the Bob Newhart Show); and Tribune Tower (incredible home of the Chicago Tribune, WGN, and pieces of landmark from around the globe*)
• Art Institute of Chicago, a must see for every Chicago visitor
• Chicago Cultural Center, The People's Palace, home to free concerts, art galleries, and more
• Millennium Park, home of 'the bean' (cloud-gate), the Crown Fountain, and the Frank Gehry designed Pritzker Music Pavilion
• Grant Park, Chicago's front yard, a 200 acre park full of festivals, gardens, and lots of downtown green space
• Buckingham Fountain, the centerpiece of Grant Park, famous for being in the opening credits of the TV show, Married with Children*
• Museum Campus, home of the Field Museum, Adler Planetarium, and Shedd Aquarium*
• Route 66, the eastern end of the cross country highway that connected Chicago to Los Angeles
• The Magnificent Mile, one of the world's premier shopping destinations
• Rush Street/Gold Coast, great restaurants, historic residential area, former haunt of gangsters like Al Capone as well as the Rat Pack
• Original Playboy Mansion, home of Hugh Hefner and friends from 1959-1974
• Lincoln Park, 1,600 acre park and northside neighborhood. The St. Valentines Day massacre went down here in 1929
• Lincoln Park Zoo, as well as the gardens and conservatory
• Lake Shore Drive, about as scenic as an urban roadway can be, offering beaches, Navy Pier, Lake Michigan, and more
• * = tour stop
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You MUST contact the local supplier to reconfirm your reservation
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
This was a great tour with a very knowledgeable and funny guide. This is done with a small group where you can interact with the guide. You can ask questions unlike a hop on and hop off tour where you listen through headsets about the tou.
This was an excellent way to showcase Chicago to our clients 1st visit to Chicago. The guide was excellent and had a great sense of humor.
It was a great tour. The driver was very knowledgeable about Chicago had shared a lot of interesting facts and stories! Had a great time
Prompt, convenient, knowledgeable! Guide was very personable. Saw a lot of city we would not have seen or known about if we had been driving around ourselves. Would highly recommend.
Our tour trough Chicago was great !!! Small group, very funny and informative tour guide, we really enjoy it. We will come back for sure. It was a combination of driving and little walking. We stopped at most of the highlights wit a possibility to take pictures. We loved it
Vaclav and Patricia
Great way to see the highlights and learn a little history about the city. Great tour guide as well!
Wonderful, relaxing. entertaining and enlightening!!! Who could ask for anything more!
The guide was knowledgeable and great. They worked with me on changing my dates. My only issue I had is when you get the tickets for the River Cruise make sure you go to the ticket office to change out the tickets. I thought they were the tickets, as well as everyone else did, and missed the cruise we were scheduled for. The person taking the tickets for River Cruise was rude and explained that it clearly states on the tickets what to do. It only says to upgrade ticket...upgrade to me means to make better not exchange for the real tickets. It worked out though and we took the later cruise but some had to miss it even though they paid due to the mix up. We had a good time though
Outstanding tour!!! the tour guide was great, funny, and very informative. We saw alot of the main Chicago sights and were told about them, I highly recomend this tour!
Excellent tour of Chicago overview. Very informative and the river cruise was just as excellent. Tour guides did a wonderful job.
A fun trip in a small shuttle with a few photo op stops. Nicely timed to pack as much as possible into the time. Excellent commentary from the driver. The river cruise add on is a good counterpoint to the tour which is centered away from the river.
Outstanding tour. Our tour guide Rick was knowledgeable and personable, and we really enjoyed spending a couple of hours with him seeing his city!
Top flight tour package. Picked up right on schedule and Rick our tour driver started telling us about sites as we went to pick up other tour passenger. Rick gave us just the right amount of time and each stop to see site and get pictures. The details about sites and details never stopped from Rick. Spent all of 2 hrs. and never had a boring moment. Highly Highly recommend. Great bang for you dollar. Took extra River Cruise and again a great tour. Ben our guide never let us down with profuse details about Chicago Buildings and assorted details. Again would highly recommend.
Amazing tour, Paul was an excellent driver and guide! Was very knowledgeable!
The tour was so cool. First of all the telephone conversations to book this tour were so helpful, the person I talked with was very knowledgeable and accommodating. The driver of the shuttle came right on time, Rick, who was a real hoot, very informative and sense of humor to bat. Loved all the sights, there were six of us, four who are somewhat local and we didn't know half of what Rick explained to us on the tour. The river cruise was great too, the guide was once again, very knowledgeable and friendly. I don't have anything negative to say about this tour. It was great!