- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Experience the incredible Wailua River on this 5-hour, guided kayak tour on Kauai. Paddle by the Kamokila Village, where the opening scene from the movie “Outbreak” was filmed, hike through lush rain forest, and take photos of the stunning Ulewehi Waterfall. Includes a picnic lunch with vegetarian & gluten-free options.
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Guided kayak tour
- Kayak, life vest, paddle and dry bag
- Bottled water
- Transportation to/from attractions
440 Aleka Pl, Kapaʻa, HI 96746, USA
Returns to original departure point
There is a reason Kauai is considered the garden isle – lush jungle, scenic waterways and cascading waterfalls surrounding dramatic volcanic mountains create the perfect image of a tropical getaway. While there are many ways to explore this incredible gift of natural beauty, kayaking offers a special opportunity to experience the many facets of this island paradise in one fun adventure
You kayak exploration of the Wailua begins with a two-mile paddle up Kauai’s only navigable river. Your friendly, local guide will help you find the best routes as you pass through the Kamokila Village and towards the north fork of the river. You’ll learn stories of some of the earliest Hawaiians who first paddled up the river more than 1,500 years ago. You'll hop off your kayak for a moderate hike through lush rain forest along the secret falls trail head until you come to a 120-ft cascade plummeting down a mountain cliff.
Once you complete your hike, it’s time for lunch. Choose from a variety of healthy and delicious options, including vegetarian, as you picnic along the river and enjoy the good life. After you’ve finished your meal, it’s time to shake off the lethargy and paddle back to your starting point to finish your tour, share photos, and prepare for your next adventure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 8 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.