- 210 to 240 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Embark on a 4-hour whale watching tour. All trips are narrated by a naturalist or marine biologist guide, who will also spend one on one time with guests while on deck. Professional photographers are often sent to capture the spectacular sights seen from on board and are available to offer tips for your own photography.
- Family friendly
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
66 Fishermans Wharf
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
The Monterey Old Fisherman's Wharf is a historical destination in Monterey, California. The tourist pier hosts restaurants, gift shops and charter boat companies.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Location: Old Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey, Monterey County, California
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Warm layers are recommended
- Sun protection, camera, binoculars, water, and snacks are recommended
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
We went on the 9am trip at Discovery Whale Watch at Fisherman’s Wharf in Monterey. The weather was sunny and beautiful. Get this, there were about 50 humpback whales, 1 Gray Whale and dozens of dolphins. About 15 whales came pretty close to us while we were over the 2 mile deep canyon. Only reason a star was lost was the dirty bathroom had only an empty bottle of sanitizer. There was a working sink/soap in the middle of the ship near the snacks and drinks. Staff were helpful, polite and fun.
When we set off, I thought 'wouldn't it be nice to see a whale?!' what I didn't expect was to see so many and to see two jumping out of the water within the first 15 minutes! We actually saw so many whales that it started to become 'normal' rather than a special thing! Staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The only downside for us and it was our fault! was that we hadn't brought enough warm clothes for summertime in this part of California, where there is often a low fog and cloud at this time of year. So even with our hoodies and sweatshirts, we were freezing on the boat. Please bring warm clothing, woolly hats and gloves - just in case you need them, as I was frozen to my bones by the time we got off. Oh and it was quite choppy so those who suffer from sea sickness were not faring too well on our trip!
a very exciting experience. the crew is very friendly. I recommend it to everyone. but skip breakfast. Thank you!
Trip was cut short due to weather but we still out on the boat for over 3 hours and received a partial refund! Saw sea lions, seals, Northern Right Whale Dolphins, Pacific White-Sided Dolphins and Hump Backed Whales. Dolphins were in great abundance and played along side and in front of the boat! Even though I came to see the whales and I was not disappointed on that account, the dolphins for me were the stars! Absolutely brilliant trip, with a wonderfully well informed and personable guide.
This trip was worth every penny the guides on the boat were fantastic we saw an amazing amount of seal life including about 30 different whales too many to count dolphins sea otters to name but a few. Value for Money go if you get the chance