- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover the rich history and vibrant culture of New Orleans on this guided Segway tour. At a relaxed pace, explore the bustling French Quarter, cruise along the Mississippi River, stop by Louis Armstrong Park -- the birthplace of jazz -- and visit Jackson Square, surrounded by some of the oldest buildings in the US such as the Cabildo, where the Louisiana Purchase was signed. Your guide will teach you about the city's architecture and French and Spanish colonial past. Choose a 2-hour tour or upgrade to the 3-hour tour.
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Guided Segway tour
- 30-minute orientation session
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Rain ponchos available for purchase (refunded if not used)
214 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
Meet your group and guide on Decatur Street for a 30-minute orientation session and safety instruction. Once you feel comfortable on your Segway, it’s time to hit the road! Follow your guide through the French Quarter, New Orleans’ cultural hub and the oldest part of the city. Admire the French and Spanish colonial architecture and see buildings dating all the way back to the 1700s.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Mississippi River, LA
Cruise along the Mississippi River waterfront and learn why the French chose to colonize New Orleans. Enjoy sweeping views of the West Bank and catch a glimpse of a steamship paddling by.
Pass By: Louis Armstrong Park, 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3086
Head to Louis Armstrong Park, the birthplace of jazz. Explore the beautifully manicured park, a lesser-known spot among tourists, and enjoy the green landscape dotted with fountains.
Stop At: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
Visit Jackson Square, the center of the city when the French first settled here. Surrounding the square are some of the oldest buildings in the US.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: St. Louis Cathedral, 615 Pere Antoine Aly, New Orleans, LA 70116-3291
St Louis Cathedral is a New Orleans landmark, and the oldest operating Catholic Church in the US
Pass By: Cabildo, 701 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130
See the Cabildo, where the Louisiana Purchase was signed in 1803.
Pass By: Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA
On bustling Bourbon Street, see the favorite hangout spot of the infamous French pirate Jean Lafitte.
Pass By: New Orleans Jazz Museum, 400 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70116-2015
Then, stop by the Old US Mint, a historic landmark that now houses the New Orleans Jazz Museum. Choose the 6pm evening departure for a New Orleans sunset treat.
Stop At: Congo Square, 701 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
If you choose the 3-hour tour, you’ll also visit Tremé, made popular by the post-Hurricane Katrina HBO series. This neighborhood was home to Caucasians, Haitians, Creoles and ‘free people of color’ in the late 18th century, and helped give rise to jazz culture.
You’ll also stop by Congo Square, a section of Armstrong Park that was once a vibrant market place where slaves and free people of color could trade, exchange news and play music on Sundays.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum weight requirement is 100 lbs (45 kg) and maximum recommended weight limit is 260 lbs (118 kg)
- All riders must be at least 12 years of age
- All riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- All riders must sign a liability waiver
- Insurance requires a per-authorization of USD $500 on a credit card. Please bring an American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover or cash for this deposit. It will be refunded upon completion of the tour
- Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes. Large backpacks and purses are not recommended
- For safety of mother and child, pregnant women are not permitted to ride
- Maximum of 8 travelers per departure; groups larger than 8 passengers may be split into separate departures
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.