- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience Mount Rainier's highlights on a day tailored to you. Our TripAdvisor "Hall of Fame" guides run the only day tours permitted to explore more than a mile from the park road as the National Park is ecologically important & delicate. The U.S. Park Service restricts other tour companies - our competitors offer "road tours." We're lovely & professional nature educators (not just bus drivers) that have dedicated their lives to artful travel.
Our all-inclusive small group day trip is limited to just 10 travelers. Sleep in a little - we'll bring coffee, bakery, fruit, and tea. Don't waste daylight waiting in line at a busy lunch counter or concession stand - we'll bring a local, organic, family-style lunch, local wine, and we'll eat outside! We’ll bring snacks, water and sparkling water for the day. Don’t worry about a thing.
Savor Mt. Rainier's hidden beauty on foot with waterfall walks, giant trees, alpine vistas, wildflower meadows, and wildlife on our all-inclusive day trip.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Breakfast included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Award-winning local naturalist guide. We guarantee you'll love your trip leader!
- Pick-up and drop-off at your downtown Seattle hotel, Airbnb, or rental.
- Lovely guided hikes or snowshoe (winter) treks tailored to your group. Spend lots of time outside.
- Breakfast - Morning local coffee, tea with pastries and fruit.
- Coffee and/or Tea - We'll press local coffee and brew tea in the morning!
- Lunch - Local, organic, beautiful lunch with local wine! We'll find a quiet spot outside (weather permitting) for a picnic and big views of the mountain!
- We're legally permitted to explore & walk beyond 1 mile from the main road. Other companies can't.
- Transportation in new Mercedes vans, new Ford transits or a luxury SUV.
- Additional warm clothing available upon request.
- Snacks - Lots of snacks, sparkling water, and water provided.
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Use of snowshoes and poles (during winter months).
- Entry/Admission - Mount Rainier National Park
- Entry/Admission - Narada Falls
- Entry/Admission - Paradise Jackson Visitor Center
- Entry/Admission - Grove of the Patriarchs
2. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport
3. Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
Traveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you up where you're staying in Downtown Seattle including hotels, Airbnbs, hostels, and ports. If you are staying outside our legal pick up zone, we are happy to meet you at our default pick up location—The Hotel Monaco. We also make quick stops near SeaTac Airport (DoubleTree Airport) or Tacoma (Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome) when requested.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point
Year round: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Rainier National Park, Ashford, Washington
Stroll through the old-growth forests near Longmire and experience waterfalls and big mountain views as you wind to higher elevations.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Narada Falls, Paradise, Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
Several waterfalls are accessible by foot along the route up the mountain!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Paradise Jackson Visitor Center, Paradise, Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
In the summer, pick wild berries on a sub-alpine hiking trail. In the winter, take advantage of Paradise’s legendary snowfall (and the winter solitude) on an introductory snowshoe trail. Home to a world-class visitor's center.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Grove of the Patriarchs, Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
Giant ancient trees on a beautiful walk along the Ohanapecosh River. Want to see 1200 year old trees? Us too!
Only accessible during the summer.
Duration: 1 hour
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking.
- Warm clothing is recommended during winter months (jacket, sturdy shoes, hat, gloves, layers)
- Note: Severe winter weather (rare) may result in road closures and other unpredictable changes to the itinerary - our talented guides adjust accordingly.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Claire was a fantastic guide - so knowledgeable about our history. Every little detail was well thought out and I appreciated this. Wonderful group of people on this trip. Chris was shadowing Claire as she’s coming back on board and she was delightful as well! Again, so much knowledge was shared and really completed the experience.
Guide was perfect, knowledgeable, professional and friendly! Great food, wonderful hikes. First time for my husband and I to use this tour group. Will be the only one I will use again and highly recommend. Great time thank you!
We had Andrew as our tour and I can't imagine that there is anyone better at what they do. He could answer every question (and there were lots of questions). Our group was comprised of nine people and that was a perfect size. At our first stop, Andrew made french press coffee and had pastries. At another stop, we had an awesome picnic lunch (chicken breasts prepared two different ways, three salads, beverages and homemade cookies. We left our camera case in the van and Andrew made a special stop after the tour to return it to the front desk of our hotel. He is awesome and deserves an employee of the month award.
This tour was amazing, beautiful and very well organized! Our guide was great. He was very knowledgeable and courteous. I highly recommend this tour.
The vehicle picked us up right at our hotel. Our guide Claire was excellent, giving us information about Seattle as we drove to the National Park. We stopped for a bathroom break along the way and were provided with hot beverages and snacks. At the park we had a delicious picnic lunch...with wine! Claire also provided us with water bottles and snacks and was very informative while we were hiking. At the end of the day we were dropped off at our hotel door. All in all, the tour was worth the price.
This tour was fantastic! The hike was a good pace for the entire group and the views can't be beat. Our guide, Marty, was knowledgeable and made an incredible day even better.
Had a wonderful day. Snowshoeing in Jun was a treat. Rainy below, but was able to stay semi-dry with shorter hikes near the road. Guide was great, friendly, and flexible.
Great experience! Knowledgeable and prepared tour guide, comfortable ride to and from Mt. Rainier, great hiking and snow-shoeing.
Ben, our guide, was very knowledgeable and the tour full of information. It was a wonderful day! We highly recommend Ben and this tour.
This was a great trip. Didn't have to worry about driving. There was plenty of snacks, food and water. And the food was great!
Had nice view of Mt. Rainer, lunch was better than expected. Time at visitor center was too short.
Awesome experience Well informative and professional tour guides, Jenny and Claire . We were lucky to have 2 guides Claire was shadowing !! Food and plenty of snacks were provided.
Very accommodating. Everything is provided so no need to worry about bringing things other than your camera. This had more of a hike, which is great, but may not be for everyone. The routes will depend on the group. Great lunch and snacks. Kevin, our tour guide, was friendly and knowledgeable.
The Mt. Raniers small group tour was the perfect pace, because it was adapted to what the group wanted to do and wanted to see. Although it was foggy and we didn't get to see the peak, the trails, hikes, drive, food, and group was a great time. Marty was an excellent tour guide who focused on education, fun, and exactly what the group wanted to see.
Really enjoyed the tour, well worth the money. Small group of 9 people, really easy to get along with. Our guide Charlie was perfect: very friendly, perfectly organised, engaging.
It was rainy, but we enjoyed snowshoeing. Our guide always took care of us, but sometime I wasn't satisfied with his tour admission.