- 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The classic Alaskan adventure and our most popular tour! Drive your own sled-dog team on real snow in the middle of summer surrounded by amazing scenery. Start this adventure with a spectacular helicopter ride over glaciers and icebergs. We often see moose, black bears, Dall sheep and mountain goats. Land on a huge snow eld high on a glacier and enjoy a whole hour with Alaskan sled dogs and their mushers that live here all summer long. Take the dog team for an exhilarating dogsled ride through real snow. You can stand on the runners and mush your own dog team if you want, or just sit on the sled and let the mushers run the team. After your dogsled tour meet the canine athletes that pulled your sled, listen to stories about running sled dog races of over a 1,000 miles long, and of course take pictures with your favorite dogs. After the tour the helicopter takes you back to the lodge and you’ll fly over the lower glaciers where you can see the blue melt pools and the crevasses.
- Guided Sled dog Tour on Snow
- Landing and facility fees
- TRANSPORTATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE LISTED PRICE. Round trip transportation is available for the 10:15am, 12:30pm and the 4:30pm departure times for an additional $49 per person paid at the time of scheduling. Please contact Anchorage Helicopter Tours to schedule.
Knik River, Anchorage, AK, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Round trip transportation is available from Anchorage to Knik River Lodge, Palmer (departure location) for the 10:15am, 12:30pm and the 4:30pm departure times for an additional $49 per person paid at the time of scheduling. Please contact Alaska Helicopter Tours to schedule.
**Total time from Hotel Pick up to Hotel Drop off is approximately 5 hours**
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Knik River, Anchorage, AK, USA
Knik River Lodge
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 250 pounds including clothing and luggage will be required to pay a surcharge of $150. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.