- 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The classic Alaskan adventure and our most popular tour! Drive your own sled-dog team on real snow in the middle of summer surrounded by amazing scenery. Start this adventure with a spectacular helicopter ride over glaciers and icebergs. We often see moose, black bears, Dall sheep and mountain goats. Land on a huge snow eld high on a glacier and enjoy a whole hour with Alaskan sled dogs and their mushers that live here all summer long. Take the dog team for an exhilarating dogsled ride through real snow. You can stand on the runners and mush your own dog team if you want, or just sit on the sled and let the mushers run the team. After your dogsled tour meet the canine athletes that pulled your sled, listen to stories about running sled dog races of over a 1,000 miles long, and of course take pictures with your favorite dogs. After the tour the helicopter takes you back to the lodge and you’ll fly over the lower glaciers where you can see the blue melt pools and the crevasses.
- Guided Sled dog Tour on Snow
- Landing and facility fees
- TRANSPORTATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE LISTED PRICE. Round trip transportation is available for the 10:15am, 12:30pm and the 4:30pm departure times for an additional $49 per person paid at the time of scheduling. Please contact Anchorage Helicopter Tours to schedule.
Knik River Lodge
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Helicopter and Glacier Dogsled Tour --
A very short scenic 1 hour drive North of Anchorage to the Knik River Lodge, you will arrive 30 minutes prior to your selected departure time to check in for your tour.
Once your safety briefing is done you will take off and soar over the majestic Church Range, Knik Glacier, Lake George and more arriving to Troublesome Glacier where a team of 40 Iditarod sled dogs and their human are eagerly waiting for you! You will get to feel the excitement as the dogs are harnessed and hooked to your sled as the Musher explains how and why each step of the process is done. Off you go! Feel the power of the dogs as they head up the glacier with Alaskas nature as your backdrop, have your camera ready for this once in a lifetime experience.
The sled ride is apron 30 minutes, after which you will return to the camp and have the chance to snuggle every one of the happy dogs before reloading into your helicopter for the 15 minute sightseeing flight back to Knik River Lodge. Keep your eyes open for the Mountain Goats hanging on the edge of the cliffs when departing Troublesome Glacier and the Moose lounging in the swampy bogs near the lodge.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 250 pounds including clothing and luggage. will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.