- 2 hours (Approx.)
Take a 2-hour sightseeing cruise on the M.S. Dixie II around magnificent Lake Tahoe to savor the wonders of this picturesque area. Discover breathtaking views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Emerald Bay, charming Fannette Island and Vikingsholm Castle.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Family friendly
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- M.S. Dixie II cruise
- Video presentation of "The Sunken Treasures of Lake Tahoe"
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
760 US-50, Glenbrook, NV 89413, USA
Returns to original departure point
Dec - Sept
This two-hour narrated Emerald Bay Sightseeing Cruise offers non-stop photo opportunities that will delight everyone in your family or group. As you cruise to, through and back from Emerald Bay, you will learn how it was formed and some of its fascinating history. Hear tales of Fenette Island (nicknamed "little rock island") within the bay, as well as the Vikingsholm Castle, the stone mansion on its shores.
You will even get a look below Lake Tahoe's surface, with a special video presentation of "Sunken Treasures of Lake Tahoe". This is a state-of-the-art video presentation showing what lies deep beneath the brilliant blue of Lake Tahoe's surface. Travel 500 feet below the waters of Glenbrook Bay to tour the Steamer Tahoe, the majestic vessel that cruised Lake Tahoe for 50 years before being sunk by her owners.
See underwater canyons and rocky bluffs that until now have never been seen by human eyes. Cruise through recently discovered ancient forests of petrified trees; forests that forced scientists to rethink theories of the lake's size and evolution. Roam the bottom of Emerald Bay and explore newly discovered sea mounds that are unlike any previously known underwater formation at Lake Tahoe.
Optional buffet lunch is available on the morning cruise during summer, which consists of a deli meats, cheeses, salads, soups, bread, chilli, cookies, soda, tea and water. Full bar service is also available (additional cost) for onboard M.S. Dixie II during the round-trip excursion from historic Zephyr Cove to Emerald Bay.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour cannot be booked or amended within 24 hours of departure
- Smoking is permitted on the 3rd deck and outside viewing areas only
- Wheelchairs are permitted on M.S. Dixie II, however there are no elevators on board servicing the 2nd level
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.