- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Explore historic Middleton Place on this all-inclusive 5-hour excursion from downtown Charleston, SC. Home to two of America's Founding Fathers and boasting the oldest landscaped gardens in the country, Middleton Place is a must-see for those seeking to be immersed in American history and culture.
This exclusive tour includes round-trip transportation from Charleston aboard a luxury, air-conditioned motorcoach. Enjoy scenic views through the plantation's Gardens; a Narrated 45-min House Museum Tour; and self-guided tours through the Plantation Chapel, Butterfly Lakes, Plantation Stable Yards, Eliza's House, and the Museum Shop & Garden Market. Don't forget the Low Country lunch at Middleton Place Restaurant. Selection includes she crab soup, shrimp & grits, fried chicken, pulled pork, sides or a salad, and dessert. Guarantee your seat on this popular luxury tour to Middleton Place by booking today.
- Round-trip shuttle transportation to/from downtown Charleston
- Luxury transportation aboard an air-conditioned bus with included power outlets
- A short, introductory video at the beginning of your tour
- Complimentary bottle of water
- Narrated 45-minute House Museum Tour
- Three-course Low Country Lunch at Middleton Place Restaurant
- Self-Guided Tour of the Gardens & Grounds
- Self-Guided Tour of the Plantation Chapel
- Self-Guided Tour of Eliza's House
- Access to the Plantation Stable Yards featuring Water Buffalo, Gulf Coast Sheep, Guinea hogs, Dominique Chickens and Cashmere Goats
- Access to the Museum Shop & Garden Market
- Professional Driver/Guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Middleton Place
- Souvenirs (available for purchase at Museum Shop)
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase at Lunch)
375 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Middleton Place, 4300 Ashley River Road, Charleston, SC 29414-7206
Two of America’s Founding Fathers called Middleton Place home: Henry Middleton, a president of the First Continental Congress, and son Arthur Middleton, a signer of the Declaration of Independence. Now a National Historic Landmark, it is home to America’s oldest landscaped gardens; a House Museum filled with Middleton possessions; Plantation Stable Yards with heritage breeds; and Eliza’s House, a freedman’s dwelling that serves as the centerpiece of Middleton Place’s interpretation of the lives of the enslaved people who built the property.
Sit back and relax on a luxury, air-conditioned motorcoach as you enjoy a short video provided by the Middleton Place Foundation on your way to the plantation. Upon arrival to Middleton Place, you will have the opportunity to explore all of the historic sites on this 65-acre plantation such as the House Museum, Gardens, Plantation Chapel, Parterre, Plantation Stable Yards, and Eliza's House.
Enjoy a three-course Low Country Lunch at the Middleton Place Restaurant during your visit. Inspired by the recipes and spirit of former resident chef and renowned southern chef Edna Lewis, The Middleton Place Restaurant offers traditional Low Country favorites made from fresh, local, organic ingredients, harvested from the on-site organic farm and gardens. Lunch options include she-crab soup, shrimp and grits, collard greens, and dessert.
9:15am Morning Departure Itinerary
9:15am - Tours depart at 9:15am from the Charleston Visitor's Center
10:00am - Arrival to Middleton Place, 30-minute Self-Guided Tour of the Gardens & Grounds
10:30am - Narrated 45-minute House Museum Tour
11:15am - Restroom break, Self-Guided Tours of Plantation Chapel, Parterre, and the Butterfly Lakes
11:30am - Three-Course Low Country Lunch at the Middleton Place Restaurant
12:30pm - Self-Guided Tour of Eliza's House and the Plantation Stable Yards
1:30pm - Return to parking adjacent to Museum Shop & Garden Market
1:45pm - Departure from Middleton Place
2:30pm - Approximate arrival to Charleston Visitor's Center
12:15pm Afternoon Departure Itinerary
12:15pm - Tours depart at 12:15pm from the Charleston Visitor's Center
12:45pm - Arrival to Middleton Place, travelers head directly to Middleton Place Restaurant for Lunch
1:00p - Three-Course Low Country Lunch at the Middleton Place Restaurant
2:30pm - Narrated 45-minute House Museum Tour
3:15pm - Self-Guided Tours of the Gardens, Plantation Chapel, Parterre, and the Butterfly Lakes
3:45pm - Self-Guided Tour of Eliza's House and the Plantation Stable Yards
4:30pm - Return to parking adjacent to Museum Shop & Garden Market
4:45pm - Departure from Middleton Place
5:30pm - Approximate arrival to Charleston Visitor's Center
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please plan to arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your reserved departure time to allow for check-in and boarding.
- Guests will receive a guide and itinerary for their selected tour on the date of travel
- Guests are encouraged to follow the provided itinerary on their date of travel, however are free to explore the property as they please (NOTE: Lunch and House Museum Tour times are fixed times and cannot be rescheduled)
- A moderate amount of walking is required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required. Shuttles are collapsible-wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations. Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels may be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.