- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Explore the gorgeous beaches, islands and wildlife sanctuaries around Kailua Bay by kayak with your choice of a guided or self-guided tour. You can paddle to the Mokulua Islands or Popoia Island (Flat Island) to see bird sanctuaries, snorkel with green sea turtles at Lanikai Beach and enjoy incredible views from the water. Have time to relax on the beach and swim in the ocean as you discover the natural treasures of Oahu during this day in paradise. All kayak and snorkel equipment, lunch and round-trip transportation from Waikiki are included on this small-group tour.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Small-group tour
- All necessary equipment included
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Island Landing Permits
- Use of kayak
- Professional guide (if option selected)
- Lunch and Drinks
- Use of snorkel equipment, dry bag, locker and showers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Safety briefing and instruction
Kailua Beach Adventures - 130 Kailua Road, Kailua
OR select Waikiki Hotels
Honolulu Hotel Pick-up locations and times:
• 7:30 am - The Kahala Hotel at the main lobby entrance.
• 7:40 am - Waikiki Beach Marriott at the bus depot on Paoakalani Avenue.
• 7:50 am - Hyatt Regency at the Koa Street entrance.
• 7:55 am - Pacific Beach Hotel ('Alohilani) on Liliuokalani
• 8:05 am - Duty Free "T Galleria" - DFS at the entrance on Royal Hawaiian Ave
• 8:10 am - Ambassador Hotel at the main entrance.
• 8:15 am - Ilikai next to the flagpole on Ala Moana Blvd.
• 8:20 am - Prince Waikiki at the main lobby entrance.
• 8:25 am - Ala Moana Hotel at the Mahukona Street entrance.
7:30-8:30am. Please confirm directly with the activity provider at least 24 hours prior to activity date.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
Monday - Saturday
Your Kailua Bay kayaking adventure starts with hotel pickup in Waikiki. A 30-minute drive brings you to the kayak shop at Kailua Bay where friendly staff outfit you with all the necessary equipment, including kayaks, life jackets, snorkel gear, dry bags and lockers. Receive a thorough safety briefing and kayaking instruction before you set out on the water.
After kayaking, feel free to use the provided shower facilities and changing rooms before your driver returns you to your hotel in the mid-afternoon. All tours include full gear, lunch (see sample menu at the end of Itinerary section) and round-trip transportation from Waikiki.
Choose one of the following guided or self-guided options:
Self-Guided Kayak Tour (5 Hours):
From the expert staff, receive a thorough briefing of the area and recommendations for your trip. Then set out on your own to explore Kailua Bay. A barrier reef shelters the bay and allows for relatively easy paddling from Kailua Beach to the Mokulua Islands, Flat Island and Lanikai Beach. Have your choice of several places to land, including the Mokulua Islands where bird sanctuaries protect the nesting wedge-tailed shearwater, which is indigenous to Hawaii. Look for green sea turtles as you paddle and admire the coral reef, colorful fish and other marine life, all set against the majestic backdrop of the Ko'olau Mountains. Lanikai Beach features a pristine long white-sand beach with calm turquoise waters that is a favorite for kayaking and snorkeling. Suitable for all experience levels and ages.
Guided Kayak Tour (5 hours):
See more of Kailua Bay on this 5-hour tour with a small-group and an experienced local guide. Once you have your gear, set out for the Mokulua Island sea-bird sanctuary, located about one hour away by kayak. Land on the island’s deserted beach then hike around the island to see nesting birds and other highlights, including the freshwater pools at Queen's Bath—an open-air lava tube that is filled with cold freshwater. Take a refreshing dip in the pools before returning to your boat. Next, paddle across to Lanikai Beach and have time to snorkel in turquoise waters where you might see green turtles feeding near the coral reef. Enjoy a picnic lunch on the picturesque white-sand beach and have the option to try to kayak-surf, explore the beach or go for a swim. Your guide shares informative commentary about the flora and fauna as well as favorite ‘secret’ spots to visit in Kailua Bay. This tour is suitable for fit and adventurous kayakers, including children ages 13 years and older.
Lunch, Sample Menu:For guided tour:
• Freshly prepared picnic lunch with deli sandwich, tropical fruit juice or bottled water, fresh fruit and granola bar
For self-guided tour (choose one): Pizza or calzone with your choice of toppings and one fountain drink, OR
Hawaiian-style plate with one tropical fruit juice, choose one:
• Beef curry
• Loco moco
• Hamburger and fries
• Mahi-mahi fish
• Chicken katsu
OR fresh deli sandwiches, salads and wraps
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour is not recommended for people who do not know how to swim.
- Children 15 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult in a double (tandem) kayak
- The weight limit for a single-person kayak is 280lbs (127kg) and a double (tandem) kayak is 400lbs (181kg)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is provided for this tour. You MUST contact the local supplier before your departure date with your hotel details
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.