- 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Ensure a manta ray sighting on this 2.5-hour night tour. Head out in Kona, one of the best places in the world to see mantas, to see the sunset over the water before jumping in to enjoy swimming with manta rays in their underwater nighttime realm. "Manta safari" guides escort you around the site with a mobile light show that attracts these gentle and fascinating creatures. Relax on the observation deck with unobstructed viewing and plenty of room to move around. All snorkel equipment, including flotation devices and wetsuits, is included. Manta sightings are guaranteed, or you will be given a voucher for another tour.
- Family friendly
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Snorkel gear included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Bottled water and hot chocolate
- Professional guide
- Flotation device
- Snorkel equipment including wet suits
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
4pm, 5pm, 5:30pm, or 6pm (seasonal departures). Please contact the supplier for exact departure time.
Check-in at the tour office in Honokohau Harbor in Kona and get fitted for your snorkel gear, including wetsuits.
Depart from the Honokohau Harbor on a 48-foot (15-meter) Delta, which has a large cabin, top observation deck for extra seating and great unobstructed views, a restroom, and plenty of room to move around.
Travel the coastline at dusk, reaching your destination around sunset to enjoy amazing views of the setting sun from the water. After sunset, spend about 45 minutes snorkeling using a customized light board that attracts the mantas and produces a flurry of bubbles and lights. You'll be in fairly shallow water within sight of the shoreline, and supervised by your experienced guide to ensure your comfort and safety.
Afterwards, enjoy hot chocolate and light snacks on the boat as you cruise back to the harbor. All equipment, snacks, and beverages are included. Manta sightings are guaranteed, or you will be given a voucher for another tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under the age of 5 must provide their own life vests
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Collapsible-wheelchair accessible—if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own assistant.
- Manta Guarantee. It's extremely rare, but if we do not see any manta rays on our tour, you are welcome to come back out with us again during the same vacation, based on availability, free of charge. We recommend you book early in your trip so if you need to take advantage of the guarantee you have more flexibility.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.