- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Go beyond New Orleans to tour two grand Louisiana plantations on the banks of the Mississippi River. Watch historian guides bring to life the history of Oak Alley Plantation, named after a double row of live oaks planted nearly 300 years ago. Then tour the Creole Laura Plantation with its sweeping sugarcane fields and historically significant slave quarters. Admire several other plantations on the Great River Road from afar, and learn their unique stories. This small-group tour allows a limited number of people to ensure a more personalized attention from your guide.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned 14-passenger van
- Guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation
- Guided tour of Laura Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Laura Plantation: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Please specify hotel at time of purchase. We pick up in New Orleans at any hotel, Bed & Breakfast or select Airbnbs, uptown (close to St. Charles Ave.), in (or close to) the French Quarter, and on the Westbank.
We do not pick up by the airport, in New Orleans East, in Slidell, or on the North Shore.
Supplier will contact you the day before your tour to give you an exact pick up time.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, LA
Your trip back in time to the Antebellum South begins with pickup from your New Orleans hotel. Travel with your small group by van along the shores of Lake Ponchartrain as your guide shares facts and stories about plantation culture.
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
Tour Oak Alley Plantation to admire this Louisiana jewel of Greek Revival architecture. Guides will bring to life the stories of generations who lived on this land. They will share with you every detail of this mansion’s history since 1830. You will have some free time to walk around under a spectacular canopy of 28 giant live oaks thriving on the mansion’s grounds. Visit the reconstructed slave quarters and the “Slavery at Oak Alley” exhibits.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Laura Plantation: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
Visit the Laura Plantation, a Creole Plantation with historic slave quarters surrounded by sugar cane fields. The guided tour transports you with dramatic detail into the charmed yet tragic lives of four generations of Creole owners and their slaves.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Child rate applies to all children and infants
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Tour cannot accommodate wheelchairs of any kind
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.