- 14 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This historic Oahu Day Trip from the Big Island to Pearl Harbor Hawaii takes you on a patriotic journey from the site of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor to the signing of the armistice on the USS 'Missouri.' Traveling from Kona to Pearl Harbor, it's a moving day trip into history you'll never forget.
- Round-trip airfares
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Qualified and professional pilot
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Roundtrip flights
- Fuel surcharge
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - USS Arizona Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Pearl Harbor National Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Battleship Missouri Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Iolani Palace
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- ARIZONA MEMORIAL ACCESS SHUT DOWN AGAIN (May 2018) Access to the USS Arizona Memorial is again suspended until further notice to address the "structural integrity of the facility." Earlier this week, structural repairs were made to the visitor boat-loading ramp. Visitors will be taken on tours of the harbor in the vicinity of the Memorial but visitors will not be able to step off the boats and onto the Memorial itself. We will monitor updates from the National Park Service and will advise when normal operations resume. All museums, bookstore, shore side informational placards are still available at Pearl Harbor. The last update from Pearl Harbor is they hope to have the repairs done in early 2019.
Meet the Airport Representative at Kona Airport
Returns to original point of departure between 8:00pm - 9:00pm
Daily, except Saturday and Sunday.
On your Big Island Pearl Harbor Honolulu day trip, you will board the Navy launch for a trip across Pearl Harbor to the Arizona Memorial.** Explore the USS Missouri, the last battleship built by the US Navy, which served from World War II through to Desert Storm. The Missouri was the site of the 1945 Japanese surrender to the Allies.
Your historic Kona Pearl Harbor journey continues with historic attractions of downtown Honolulu including Kawaiahao Church, Iolani Palace - the only royal palace on American soil, State Library and Archives, the famous statue of King Kamehameha, Honolulu Hale and the Mission Houses Museum. Big Island Pearl Harbor tours also include a visit to the serenity of Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific and Courts of the Missing.
**Note: Access to the USS Arizona Memorial is suspended until further notice to address the "structural integrity of the facility." Structural repairs are being made to the visitor boat-loading ramp. Visitors will be taken on tours of the harbor in the vicinity of the Memorial but visitors will not be able to step off the boats and onto the Memorial itself. We will monitor updates from the National Park Service and will advise when normal operations resume. All museums, bookstore, shore side informational placards are still available at Pearl Harbor. The last update from Pearl Harbor is they hope to have the repairs done in 2019.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Once reservation is made, tour is Non-Refundable and Non-Changeable.
- Shirt and shoes are required to board the Arizona Memorial, swimsuits are not permitted
- NO LIQUIDS OR GELS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED IN CARRY-ON BAGGAGE. ITEMS MUST BE IN CHECKED BAGGAGE - This includes all beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, tooth paste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency. Such items may be transported in checked baggage.
- Passengers may have - Baby formula, breast milk, or juice if a baby or small child is traveling. Prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger's ticket. Insulin and essential other non-prescription medicines.
- Beverages purchased in the sterile area must be consumed before boarding because they will not be permitted onboard the aircraft.
- The name you enter at the time of booking must be exactly as appears on your photo I.D. Interisland Air Carriers will deny boarding if the passenger name, as shown on valid government-issued I.D. does not match the name on their voucher. This is a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and FAA requirement. Air Carriers proven to be non-compliant are subject to severe penalties; thus there is no flexibility with this policy.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- FORD ISLAND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS We have been informed that when going over to Ford Island to visit the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum and/or the Battleship Missouri, your guests are required to carry government issued photo identification. Ford Island is an active military base and guests may be asked by security personnel at any time for their identification to ensure a safe environment for all.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Once again, Viator did not disappoint! This was an amazing guided tour. Our tour driver, Ernie, was incredibly knowledgeable, very witty with his homemade jokes, and provided a wealth of information about the Island. We were picked up at the airport and traveled in an air conditioned small bus. Ernie had a vast wealth of knowledge about Hawaii, her people, the memorial, different buildings, places and things. He is a native and knows many people so he was able to get us front and center of every spot we visited including a fabulous lunch at Duke's overlooking Waikiki Beach. It was, truly, a moving history lesson peppered with humor, facts and historic events. Visiting Pearl Harbor has long been on my list of places to visit and this tour went above and beyond my expectations.
Loved the tour and I learnt so much about the history of Pearl Harbour. The Missouri was also a highlight. I recommend this day trip to any visitor to Hawaii
I was humbled and delighted by this tour. Information on the tour was a little sketchy so I was very pleased that I was easily checked in at Kona Airport after driving from Hilo. The Polynesian Adventure representative had my name and directed me to the bus that took us to Pearl Harbor. Kanolel, our guide, was both knowledgeable and charming. He knew that if he got us started at Pearl Harbor, the site would take care of itself. I wished our visit to the site could have been longer allowing time to tour the submarine but the museums were so engrossing that there wasn't time. I would have traded the Honolulu site seeing for that in a heartbeat. The trip to Ford Island and the Mighty MO was an unexpected pleasure. I had never bee n on a military ship at all, no less one so famous. To stand where the surrender document was signed and hear the respective stories of both that and the Zero pilot's burial made me feel proud of our leaders of the time. The contributions of political, military and bad luck in the events of that day have many parallels to our current day situation with North Korea. Those who do not learn from the past are destined to repeat it..
This was an amazing tour! The driver was very nice and full of information that really made this a memorable trip. Would totally recommend it to everyone.
Amazing driver, great history lesson at Pearl Harbor.The driver was very safe and was knowledgeable about the area.
Very informative and the tour guide was experienced and enthusiastic! We got to see a lot of things that we would not have been able to do on our own.
The assisting personnel at the airport and the tour guide were terrific and made the day. Both were courteous, knowledgeable, professional and eager to assist. The tour guide shared much information about Oahu, Honolulu and the national monuments/memorials. He was also entertaining and friendly. He made certain we reached each destination on-time, including the airport through heavy traffic. The personnel make the tour highly recommended despite what appears to be a high price.
This was our first trip to Oahu and the memorial. This tour covered most of what we wanted to see with an added bonus of having Ed as our driver and guide. We'd highly recommend this tour!
It was great even though the wind kept us from viewing the Arizona. Ed was a great guide and made the day a memorable experience.
What an experience. Really heart felt. The ones who lost their lives are true hero's to all of America,
I am truly blessed to have been able to see this. Thank you!
This tour was a great experience. We really enjoyed it. We were early to the airport and our guide was already there. He walked us through each step of the way until we boarded the plane. Our tour guide, Cody, was waiting for us when we arrived in Oahu. Our guide, Cody, was well prepared and was charming, and knew much of the history of our tour. He was patient and had a great sense of humor. The tour itself was interesting and informative. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone.
The Pearl Harbor part of this tour was the best part and the main reason for choosing this tour. We also liked going to Waikiki Beach and being able to have lunch there and walk around for a bit. The rest of the tour was just driving by a couple of places on the bus and didn't get to stop, but that was okay as most of our time was spent at Pearl Harbor and Waikiki Beach. We took this tour from Kona, so it was worth it.
Great tour! Driver was very informative and fun. Everything went very smoothly, and on time. Had a wonderful day.
Great tour and Leo our driver was fabulous and went with us everywhere. Leo was very knowledgeable and helpful. We were met at airport in Kona by a rep explaining the flight and got us checked in and again a rep when we landed in Honolulu who took us to the bus. Unfortunately we couldn't get to the Arizona that day since the tug hit the dock that very morning but who knew. Great experience!
From the person who greeted us at the airport to the tour guide everyone was super friendly and knowledgeable about their island. Had a great day and was the bestt part of the vacation for my son.
The company this tour is through was very well organized and made sure we got to every activity with no stress on our part. Great tour and a great way to hit the highlights of Oahu while staying on another island.
What a great day, the tour was great and so was our driver, Ben. We would definitely do it again!
The day trip to Oahu was well worth the time and money. The time at Pearl Harbor, including both the USS Arizona and USS Missouri, was a must-see for every American. The tour guide was very educational, funny, and flexible. He gave us many hints on how to make the most of our day. The trip was well organized. There were people on our tour from multiple islands, but we all got there about the same time and our departure flights were very close so there wasn't much wasted time. Our entire family enjoyed the day in Oahu.