- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Explore the Island in the Sky district of Canyonlands National Park on a half-day 4-wheel drive (4WD) tour. Your experienced guide negotiates steep switchbacks and rugged tracks along the White Rim Road to take you to stunning vistas such as Gooseneck Overlook. See sites with remnants of ancient Pueblo civilizations, canyons that drop 1,000 feet (300 meters) straight down, and parts of the Colorado River. An easy trail from Moab, this area offers a fantastic experience of Canyonlands National Park.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Family friendly
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Professional guide
- Transport by 4x4 vehicle
- Ice water and lemonade
- Entry/Admission - Potash Road
- Entry/Admission - Dead Horse Point State Park
- Entry/Admission - NAVTEC Expeditions - Day Tours
- Food and drinks
- National Park entrance fees
- car or booster seat for children
- Entry/Admission - Canyonlands National Park
- Entry/Admission - Island in the Sky
- Entry/Admission - Musselman Arch
321 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Additional pick up locations my be available. Please confirm Pick up time 24 hours in advance when confirming reservation.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canyonlands National Park, Moab, UT 84532
This 4 hour guided interpretive tour starts along the banks of the Colorado River and travels into Canyonlands on 4WD roads up to the mesa of Island in the Sky.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Potash Road, Long Canyon Road, Moab, UT
Our first stop is along Scenic Byway 279 at a petroglyph rock art site. Guides provide insight to the people who passed this way and left markings on the canyon walls.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Dead Horse Point State Park, Sr 313, Moab, UT 84532
The 4X4 trail passes 1000' under the rim of Dead Horse and 1000' above the Goose-neck of the Colorado River. We make stops at a limestone fossil bed, a giant red rock amphitheater, and the famous Thelma Louise point.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Island in the Sky, Canyonlands National Park, UT
We enter Canyonlands National Park on the 4WD trial and take a short trip along the White Rim. This prominent sandstone formation wraps for 100 miles around the Island in the Sky.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Musselman Arch, Canyonlands National Park, UT
Our excursion along the White Rim follows the trail along a bench to Musselman Arch. Guests take a short 300' stroll to see this amazing natural stone arch.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Shafer Trail, Canyonlands National Park, UT
We backtrack along the White Rim Trail to the iconic switchbacks of the Shafer Trail. This old cattle trail climbs 1000' to the rim of Island in the Sky with magnificent views of the backcountry of Canyonlands. The 4X4 trail ends at scenic byway 313.
Stop At: NAVTEC Expeditions - Day Tours, 321 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532-2344
NAVTEC Expeditions is an authorized concessionaire of Canyonlands National Park to provide guided interpretive backcountry 4X4 tours.
Duration: 4 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Things to bring: camera, water bottle (free refills available) and sun protection
- NAVTEC Expeditions is an authorized concessioner
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.