- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This popular kayak tour will allow you to kayak the La Jolla sea caves and ecological reserve, which boasts an amazing array of scenery and wildlife you can't find anywhere else in San Diego. As you paddle alongside your expert naturalist/biologist guide, keep an eye out for sea lions, dolphins and even a Grey Whale!
- Kayaks (single or tandems) and Paddle
- Life jacket
- Professional guide
- Wet suit rentals are offered during fall, winter and spring
- Food and drink
2222 Avenida De La Playa, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Returns to original departure point
No experience is needed! Your knowledgable guide will help you learn the basics and tour you around one of the premier eco-tourist destinations in San Diego.
After a brief paddle instruction and safety talk, you'll take your kayak down to the beach in La Jolla Shores and paddle to the La Jolla Sea Caves taking in the gorgeous views and watching for the abundant wildlife. You'll also go through the incredible rock formations and caves (if conditions permit), through the expansive kelp forests and wildlfie hot spots and cap it all off with a kayak surf ride back to the beach.
You can see numerous types of sea birds and usually sea lions, seals and sometimes dolphins or even orcas!
What to Expect: Be prepared to get wet! For safety reasons, the tour operator does not guarantee going into the caves on tours. Entrance to caves based on ocean conditions, safety and participants ability as determined by guide.
This tour is recommended for ages 6 and up. Participants must be able to swim.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- PLEASE BE IN THE KAYAK SHOP 1 HOUR BEFORE TOUR START TIME, Allow time for parking and gear set up
- Expect to get wet, please wear appropriate clothes such as a bathing suit and shoes that can get wet (tennis shoes, 'river shoes' or flip flops)
- Hats, sun screen and towels are strongly advised
- Please do not bring valuables and things that cannot get wet
- There is a weight limit of 250 pounds per single kayak and 450 pounds per double kayak
- For safety reasons, the tour operator does not guarantee going into the caves on tours. Entrance to caves is based on ocean conditions, safety, and participants ability as determined by guide.
- Minimum age is 6 years for a double kayak and 16 years for a single kayak
- All participants must be able to swim
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.