- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Explore some of Kauai’s most beautiful spots which will demonstrate why this island is known as “The Garden Isle.” During your all-day tour, the lush vegetation, covering all altitudes, will surround you from towering Eucalyptus trees projecting from the 3,500-foot cliffs to waterfalls crashing down deep valleys and fern-covered grottos. Many dramatic ocean views will also delight you as you explore almost the entire island.
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Editor's Pick
- Instant Confirmation
- Wailua River Boat Cruise fare
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Fern Grotto
- Entry/Admission - Russian Fort Elizabeth State Historical Park
- Lunch (available for purchase)
- NO pickup transportation provided in the Saint Regis Princeville Resort area. Rental car required to meet the tour bus.
Hotel pickup from select area hotels. Guests must ensure that the tour company has their hotel information 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour.
Hotel pickups: 7:45am – 8:45am
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel drop-offs: 5:30pm – 6pm
TOUR DESCRIPTION: Explore some of Kauai’s most beautiful spots which will demonstrate why this island is known as “The Garden Isle.” During your all-day tour, the lush vegetation, covering all altitudes, will surround you from towering Eucalyptus trees projecting from the 3,500-foot cliffs to waterfalls crashing down deep valleys and fern-covered grottos. Many dramatic ocean views will also delight you as you explore almost the entire island.
• Queen Victoria’s Profile Haupu Mountain range offers a profile of the British Queen Victoria.
• Tunnel of Trees - Over a century ago, 500 eucalyptus trees were planted to form where today they tower over 100 ft and make a spectacular entry way to Koloa.
• Koloa Town - Holds the rich history of Hawaii’s sugar plantation days.
• Spouting Horn - One of the most photographed spots on Kauai.
• Russian Fort Elizabeth State Historical Park - The last Russian Fort on the Hawaiian Islands.
• Captain Cook’s Landing - Where the first British discoverer Captain James cook first landed and discovered Hawaii.
• Waimea Canyon - Known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific, was carved out by the Waimea River and the collapse of a volcano.
• Coco Palms Grove - Ancestral site of Kauai’s last reigning royalty and largest Coconut grove in the state where Elvis Presley filmed Blue Hawaii.
• Holo Holo Ku Heaiu - (sacred site) A sacrificial stone foundation.
• Wailua River Boat Cruise - Float down a fresh water river while being enchanted by songs and stories of ancient Hawaii.
• Fern Grotto - Discover the beauty of a tropical rain forest filled with lush native plants.
• Opaeka`a Falls Lookout - Most accessible waterfall on the island.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A stop at Paradise Garden is made if Fern Grotto is closed.
- Wear walking shoes and dress comfortably.
- Children under 3 years of age are considered FREE if child is on lap and does not occupy a seat.
- ADA ACCESSIBLE:
- Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service. We will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of the disabled traveler.
- For electric wheelchairs or scooters: The combined weight of the wheelchair and guest cannot exceed 500 lbs, the maximum width of the wheelchair cannot exceed 29 inches.
- Not all stops on this tour are ADA accessible.
- Wailua River Boat Cruise is not ADA accessible
- Guests if unable to walk need to be carried in/out of the boat.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
This tour was exactly what the wife and I were looking for. We had an amazing host and great aloha from Nani. She was early for our pick-up, thanked us all day and has an amazing amount of history on the island which she graciously shares throughout. Her stories should be documented and sold. It is a guided bus tour, make no mistake what this means. There are stops every hour or so at varying parts of the island but this is not a Waimea Canyon hike. We were very lucky with the weather, as the canyon was not socked in. Beautiful weather and views. The only thing we would do differently is not include the Fern Grotto. While the boat ride was peaceful, there wasn't really anything too unique about the Grotto, aside from it's history, and it took up just over an hour of our tour. You go up the river, walk to a cave entrance that is closed due to flooding years ago, they played one Hawaiin song, sang and hula danced, and you boat back. All in all, we were really happy with our day, the tour of the island and especially pleased with Nani, what a sweet and loving woman! Mahalo Nani
Nani was a terrific tour guide. She is a very spunky lady and made the trip all the more memorable for it. The Waimea Canyon portion of the trip was beautiful and even though there were clouds and we were not able to see into the canyon, it was well worth the tour.
The Fern Grotto portion was not as spectacular but was nice.
My spouse and I recently took the all-day van tour during our visit to Kauai. It was very convenient to be picked up at our resort. This is a great way to see a lot of things if you new and/or unfamiliar with the island. Later in the week, we were able to return to some of our favorite areas to explore further without any trouble. Our guide, Michelle, was friendly and informative. We enjoyed the Spouting Horn, the Waimea Canyon, and a variety of other sights. The lunch stop was at a brand new Chicken in a Barrel restaurant set in a lovely location with ocean views. We would definitely recommend this tour to anyone as you see and learn more than trying it on your own. We also enjoyed the boat ride and the walk to the fern grotto at the end of the day.
Our tour guide and driver was Nani, one of the most sympatic, energetic and friendly person we've ever met. This tour is really good, we recommend it if you are interrested in an island life and want to discover it little more deeply. You will see a lot, you will visit a lot, you can buy a lot... definitely recommend it if you do not want to lay on a beach only and want to touch this country and meet people.
Our guide was Nani and unfortunately retiring next week. She was simply amazing. A life-long resident of the area, she knew everything and everyone. She looked a bit frail, but took us places other tours would not have considered or perhaps even allowed? She is a lovely, lovely person and full of energy. But regardless of the guide, you do need to see the Canyon. The Grotto has never fully recovered from when I last saw it 20 years ago, but still worth the trip .I'd give Nani six stars, the boat trip only a four.
This all day tour was absolutely worth taking. We got to see most of the island in a very comfortable ride. The guide was extremely knowledgeable. It was a lot of funm
Larry, the tour guide was excellent. Very knowledgeable and spent only the time that our tour of only 4 people wanted at each site. We were very lucky to have so few people on our mini bus as we were able to do many extra sites. Didn't have to wait for 49 people to get on and off the bus! The canyon was beautiful! Hard to believe there is something like that on Kauai! The boat trip and Fern Grotto was a perfect ending to a fabulous day! So glad we booked this trip and so glad we had Larry as our guide.
This was a spectacular tour full of the highlights of the southern part of the island and great tips on where to go on the northern end of the island. Waimea Canyon and Fern Grotto were great.??Michelle was a super guide, if you are lucky enough to get her, the trip will be phenomenal!
This trip was fantastic! Taken in a very comfortable air conditioned bus and each part of the trip narrated expertly by the driver. Ours, Nani, was very knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. The boat trip to the fern grotto was anti-climatic and not too exciting, but enjoyable still.
The places we went, great. The scenery, amazing. The tour guide, Nani, was the problem. She had the most annoying voice ever. She never stopped talking. She spelled everything twice and she said everything three times. I am sure we heard several stories three times because she forgot she told us earlier in the day. Maybe this is a better tour with a different guide. I felt like we would have been much better off getting a map of the area and renting a car. We only had one day in Kauai so I was a little disappointed.
This tour is a must on Kauai. Our guide Nona was great and knew so much about the area and its history. That knowledge really enhanced the trip experience. She took us to so many places with great views and as well as some that were not on the usual tour. The boat ride to the grotto was also great. Highly recommend this tour.
This tour was not what I had expected. We only spent 1 hr of the tour at the Waimea Canyon, the rest of the time was a tour of Kauai. If you are a first time visitor, this is a great way to see the island in a comfortable van. Our driver was fun and knowledgeable and I would recommend her to anyone. The Fern Grotto boat ride was not great. The Grotto is closed to visitors so you can only stand outside on the platform and look at it. Not worth the .
I think we got pretty lucky on our tour. We only had 3 people on it which was nice. Our tour guide picked us up at 8 am at our hotel and took us to see a few more things than the schedule permitted since we were a small group. She showed us various scenic spots that we wouldn't have seen otherwise unless we were locals. After a few of those beautiful scenic views our first major stop was the Kauai Coffee company. Super awesome as we got to sample all they had to offer, a perfect stop for an early morning trip. Then we headed up to Waimea Canyon. The tour guide stopped at various spots here too so we could get different views of it. The main stop of the canyon was very nice. There was a Hawaiian Native in full dress explaining some history of Hawaii and also some of the politics currently affecting Hawaii. That was very interesting. After Waimea Canyon we stopped at a small town nearby for lunch. Lunch is not included so you get the option to choose whatever the town had to offer. Not bad food choices overall. Then we were back on the road for some more scenic stops to water falls, blow holes and local lagoons and beaches. After which we headed for the Wailua River boat tour. The cost of this is included so we just had to wait for the boat to arrive and we were on our way. My husband gets motion sickness but the river was so calm he enjoyed the ride all the way. The boat landed at the Fern Grotto where a few locals played and danced the Hawaiian wedding song for the tourists. It was lovely and the Grotto is Gorgeous!! While Waimea Canyon is impressive you will love Fern Grotto more if you are a romantic like myself. That was the last stop on our day tour of Kauai and we were dropped off around 5:30 or so at our hotel. While it is a long day of sight seeing the one thing the tour doesn't cover is the North Shore. Overall we enjoyed this tour but did think it slightly too long. But our tour guide was great and the experience was worthwhile. If you have never been to Kauai I would completely recommend this tour.
This tour was a nice way to see the island and learn a lot of history. However, it was a bit too long.
The area is beautiful, driver was a little more concerned with tell us about her life and not the areas we traved through. She did take us to a very lovely view of the valley that most do not get to see. Fern Grotto was okay, will not do again.