- 12 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Journey to the Arctic Circle from Fairbanks for a first-hand experience of the Earth’s northernmost circle of latitude in one of our climate-controlled vans. Here, in the summer and winter, the sky is completely dark or light for 24 hours a day! Travel along the famous Dalton Highway and spot wildlife (no guarantee) as you cross the Yukon River. When you arrive, learn about the area’s indigenous culture, take a walk with your guide, snap photos of the arctic landscape, and enjoy a free delicious warm stew amidst the incredible surroundings. You’ll take home an official Arctic Circle certificate to commemorate this amazing Alaska experience.
Make sure to dress weather appropriate and we recommend to wear some sturdy shoes to be able enjoy this trip.
- Local guide
- Transport by van
- Free homemade stew, sandwich, snacks, and beverages. (vegetarian option available upon request)
- Official personalized Arctic Circle Certificate
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole (Any address is possible, as long as it is in the city limits)
- pick up outside the city limits
- no gluten free or vegan meal option available. You are welcome to bring or buy your own lunch and snacks.
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up will occur between 7 am and 8 am, depending on the hotel location. Please contact us around 20 hours before tour start to figure out your exact pick up time.
We can pick you up at any address inside the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. If you are staying at alaska-wildlife-cabins-and-hostel, no pick up is necessary and you can hop right into our tour vans.
If you are staying outside the city limits, we are able to meet you at the local Walmart parking lot for pick up.
Returns to original departure point
Monday through Saturday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alyeska Pipeline Viewing Point, 1671 Steese Highway, Fairbanks, AK 99712
We begin our journey with a convenient pickup at your hotel/address
inside the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. We will schedule your pick up time between 7 am and 8 am for you, depending on the location of the hotels.
Settle into your seat and relax on the
200-mile (322-km) journey down the back roads of Interior Alaska. We provide free snacks and drinks on the road to ensure your utmost comfort in our climate-controlled vans.
Take a trip back in time as you travel down the Dalton Highway. Enjoy the journey across the Yukon River, as you catch a glimpse of the wildlife that inhabits sub-arctic Alaska. With sweeping views of mountains and valleys, you will also see the Trans-Alaskan Pipeline System (TAPS), one of the largest pipeline systems, transporting thousands of gallons of oil from Prudhoe Bay to Valdez.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hilltop Restaurant & Marketplace, 3711 Elliott Hwy, Fairbanks, AK 99712, USA
Stop at the Hilltop Restaurant & Marketplace where you can find the best Pies in this area. No matter if you like to have an extra treat, some Alaskan gifts for the family back home or if you are only interested in using one of the last Restrooms with running water, you are welcome to do any of it during this stop.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: YUKON RIVER CAMP, Dalton Hwy, Fairbanks, AK 99706, USA
Stop at the Yukon River Camp and visit the mighty Yukon River. This is your last chance to visit a Restroom with running water (there will be many more stops at outhouses along the road). You will also have a chance to buy some more snacks or visit a one of a kind store with handmade gifts and fur items. Something you will not find at any other tourist store around town.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Finger Mountain, Dalton Hwy, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
Enjoy the beautiful area of Finger Mountain and take a walk around the short hiking path. This is just one more opportunity of many for some amazing pictures.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: BLM Arctic Circle Monument Sign, MP 115.5 Elliott Highway, Fairbanks, AK
Upon reaching the Arctic Circle, one of the five markers of latitude (Tropic of Cancer, Tropic of Capricorn, Equator & Antarctic Circle) you will be met with a glorious site.The weather in this region can range from extreme cold in the winter months (September to May) to temperate heat, as high as 90 * Fahrenheit (32 * Celsius) in the summer months. (May to end of August).
Hop out and stretch your legs, take a walk and capture photos of this unique location. Enjoy a delicious free hot lunch (Beef
Stew and a Sandwich. Vegetarian option is available upon request) provided by our guides while soaking up the remote surroundings and learning about the history and geology of this very special area. You'll learn interesting facts about the cultures of the Indigenous people, whom have inhabited this remote area for more than 9.000 years.
After around 1 hour of sightseeing, enjoy flipping through your photos with your official Arctic Circle Certificate in hand. Sit back and enjoy the journey back to Fairbanks on this one of a kind trip.
With your camera filled with photos and an official Arctic Circle certificate in hand to show off to your friends and family back home, relax on the drive back to Fairbanks.
This small-group tour is limited to 8 to 9 people, ensuring you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Please dress appropriately. During the winter months, temperatures are usually very low, so please dress in layers and wear warm winter clothing. During the summer month it could get very warm and rain might be always possible. We recommend to bring sturdy shoes and a rain/weather jacket.
- The weather conditions are in no way predictable in our area and we will not offer a refund in case of too many clouds.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Please no small children under 5.
- There is a possibility of cancellation due to dangerous weather and/or road conditions. If this occurs, an alternative date or full refund will be offered.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required. We are not able to provide gluten free or vegan options.
- Type of transportation: Van
- The group size is limited to 8 to 9 people for each Van. Bigger group bookings are possible and multiple Van's will be used in this case.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.